80s vintage Murray Baja

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pondo

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1729630113017.png

I came across this for sale local-ish. I'm thinking '83-'84 on this? My parents gave me one of these for my birthday back then, brand new from Kmart. It was my first mountain bike and with 10 speeds my 1st multi-gear bike. Very heavy, not terribly good quality. I think I bent or broke most of the bike within a few months. I bent both rims, cranks, handlebars and forks. Wore the tires bald. Broke off a pedal and my dad welded it back on. It didn't do anything particularly well but I had fun with it. The guy is trying to get $100 for it. I think it might be worth $20 at most. I would probably give someone 5 bucks to not make me take it home. And I'm a 'collector'. :grin: Fun fact; someone gave Gary Fisher one of these for a gag birthday present back in the day. I think I read that in a Charlie Kelly post on one of the vintage mountain bike forums.

Pondo.........the bike as a gift for your birthday or $5 ?? It sounds like you're "fishing" for donations! 😂

I think you've been hanging around @MattiThundrrr too long.........😂😂

Latest posts

Back