** The next build off 2024 **

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s your question? You asked for the approximate dates and I gave you a link to the rules showing that the build off is already going and has been since September 1. Jump in you have until November 30 to finish.
Sorry about that. I’m old and confused. I was actually requesting dating information on the frame. I enjoy watching the builds but don’t have the patience and technical finesse to actually participate in the contest.

Sorry about that. I’m old and confused. I was actually requesting dating information on the frame. I enjoy watching the builds but don’t have the patience and technical finesse to actually participate in the contest.
Then post a thread asking those questions

'38-'39 molded 'Y' seat stays; conventional chain stays.
'39-'40 molded 'Y' seat stays; molded mono chain stay.
'40-'41 molded 'Y'seat stays; molded mono chain stay; curved seat tube.

Looks like yours could be a 40-41 model
For my compilation, prior to 40, the seat tube was straight?

Suggestions for future build offs:

"Grocery Getter" build off. Must be able to carry a 12 pack (or more.) Racks, baskets, boxes, etc. Final photo in front of your local food store.

Schwinn Varsity build off. One of the most sold models of bikes in the later 20th century. Plenty around. Sold in 27", "26 and 24" wheel sizes, mens (several frame sizes in 27"), womens.

Trailer build off. So many possibilities, mini-Air Stream, woody, boat shaped for the kiddos, pet luxury travel, micro sized semi truck trailer, ginormous foot ball shaped cooler (well it's on tv now).

Night Rider build off. Lights, reflectors (in the form of plastic reflectors, stickers or glass bead paint).

"Grocery Getter" build off. Must be able to carry a 12 pack (or more.) Racks, baskets, boxes, etc. Final photo in front of your local food store.

Schwinn Varsity build off. One of the most sold models of bikes in the later 20th century. Plenty around. Sold in 27", "26 and 24" wheel sizes, mens (several frame sizes in 27"), womens.

Trailer build off. So many possibilities, mini-Air Stream, woody, boat shaped for the kiddos, pet luxury travel, micro sized semi truck trailer, ginormous foot ball shaped cooler (well it's on tv now).

Night Rider build off. Lights, reflectors (in the form of plastic reflectors, stickers or glass bead paint).

All great ideas! I'd like to do a cargo bike so that could fit in there somewhere.

We have had discussions about this exact thing

Definitely a lot of potential here. Should/could maybe include trailers 👍

Probably to closed up for international builders
(like me😉)

Heck yeah! Loads of ideas spinning in my head all the time! 👍

Been there, done that! But could/would do it again! 😜

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back