84(?) GT Mach One

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was talking to this guy in my bar a few months ago about BMX stuff. He was riding around on an early 90s Diamondback in the middle of winter, with like a foot of snow on the ground... So we got to talking, and he mentioned he had an old GT in his garage that he couldn't ride because it was too small for him. I told him I'd like to check it out, so now, 3 months later, I ran into him on the street, and he told me to come check out the bike. So I hop in my truck, and follow him on his bike to his garage. Sure enough, a sweet GT Mach One. It looks pretty original except for the bars and front brake. A few bucks later, I have this:
IMGP0013.jpg
IMGP0014.jpg

D'oh! Looks like you're right. Seems to be an '89. It's cleaning up pretty nice, and I couldn't resist taking it for a ride in the snow the other day. Good times!

It looks like it has some good parts though...right on the edge before they started using junk parts.

If I'm seeing correctly it looks like it has ARAYA 7X wheels and a SAKAE SR stem.

The SR stem, Dyno bars, and Odyssey front brake are not original to the bike. Just so ya know. 8)

Thanks for the info guys! I knew the bars & brake weren't original, but I wasn't sure on the stem. Looks like I may be building this one up as a rider. I'm having way too much fun playing with it to flip it like I thought I was going to...

Cool! Did you make a ramp out of scrap lumber yet? :D

Rat Rod, you nailed it, the rims are ARAYAs.
Tosa, so far, I've been having enough fun just using the icy hills out back of my place!

Back