85 GT MACH ONE (FINISHED 2-21-09)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 85 GT MACH ONE

lol, don't worry; Wal-Mart does it all the time but with both tires. :wink: At first I thought you did that on purpose because old school BMX bikes did a lot of freestyle tricks while rolling backwards, and then going back straight with a 180. :lol:

schwinnmesa said:
At first I thought you did that on purpose because old school BMX bikes did a lot of freestyle tricks while rolling backwards, and then going back straight with a 180. :lol:

Uhhh..yeah, that's it...freestyle. :D

Already have it turned the right direction.

Very cool! i have a 1985 mach one and it is rusted in the same place as yours, right behind the seat. It is definetly a cool bike and a fresh powder coat would make it awesome.but the rust and scratches do give it character!

Finished this one up this past week...it's my rat BMX. :D

It's actually my only BMX. It's super light and rides smooth and quiet now that everything has been overhauled.

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

i think it's cool that you can still get ame grips. you must've got that brake dialed in ok :)

Oh yeah...followed everyone's advice...taking it all apart and lubing it did wonders.

Looks good. I see you got rid of the freestyle tire setup. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

In the words of the Rickster...Hardy Har Har... :lol:

It's the first BMX I have had with a laid back seat post.

That really makes all the difference when it comes to a 5'9" tall person riding it.

How do you find the old ads? I'd like to find one from 1988 or 1989, to see what year my Mach One is, and how original it is.

Back