'86 Jamis Boss "Double Phat"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some random goodness from the postmadien:

IMG_20140824_145045.jpg

Back from powder today. I know everybody says 'pics don't do it justice' but dayum, this is a pretty color. I will absolutely be using this as a go-to color in the future. Base coat/clear coat powder- who knew? MILES deep! A dark merlot in the shade or off angle, a deep raspberry straight on in direct sunlight. So happy I waffled at the last minute.

edd0ab04-1ddc-48ae-83e3-ec96414d24e0.jpg

IMG_20140904_143241.jpg

Still up in the air about the cranks. Was planning to do chrome chainring/powdered cranks/chrome pedals as I was afraid chrome/chrome/chrome would be too blingy, but seeing this makes me want to polish the stem and clamp and just embrace the bling. Or powder the stem and cranks and levers too...

Holy Mother of Beauty.!!! That came out stunning.. I'd leave the stem and clamp alone.. How about a red anno flutted seat post to breake the color the clamp up a bit.? Cranks polished up and spider with red anno chain ring with chrome chain ring bolts and red anno pedals.. Some polished or chrome bars w/old skool red button bar pad..
I can go on and on with things that would look good.. Man I'm diggin your frame A LOT.!!

Well, the cranks are going to be Redline double pinch to match the stem and clamp, and since they are cromo, it's powder or chrome. Profile chainring and polished BB. Still undecided on the pedals, but likely some sort of beartrap since they're big and round. And the post is a 26.2 so options are really limited...but this one had 2 bolts lol. Bars are Al's aluminum KOS bars, to be polished and anno'd clear.

All I know is that this cruiser is going to look SWEET.!!!
I need to step up on my Earth Cruiser but I got so much going on rite now.. Plus I want to start on my 53 Schwinn straight bar also.. I've been gathering peices for that build also.!!!

Shawn at Quality PC in Chula Vista. And of course it turns out the post is 1" so the one I bought won't fit. Ah well, knew I'd buy something I would end up not using.

Shoot, I knew there was something I was forgetting when I was down there. I think I'm going to do one of my DX frames in this color so I'll get it on the next trip for ya. I finally got around to finishing the decal template, and true to my Ford-guy genes, I based it on the Boss 429 fender script:

DF225-C.jpg

I think I'm going to run this 1" tall on the down tube rather than small and on the top tube per stock, and just match it to whichever decals Jamis sends me. Dunno whether I'll recieve hollow white outlines or white with with black outlines, but I have seen both.

Those decals are rad..... it's a nice touch, implementing the "Boss" from Jamis with the "Boss" from Ford....

Shawn at Quality PC in Chula Vista. And of course it turns out the post is 1" so the one I bought won't fit. Ah well, knew I'd buy something I would end up not using.
I need to pay him a visit to see some colors for my 53 Schwinn straight bar.. I'm leaning to a dark blue but I'm up in the air on what I want..

Here ya go...they're monsters meant more for their carbon bikes I think. Might make a good window sticker for your truck lol. The chrome (photoetched) headbadges are cool, but I elected not to fill the rivet holes on the head tube and the grey plastic covers those holes whereas the chrome ones did not.

IMG_20140906_162116.jpg

Those are pretty kool looking.. Yeah think I would use them for the back of my truck also or the tool box.. The head badge is nice looking also.. Thanks for posting them..

Back