9 foot cruiser "Finished for Now"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few pictures of my current project.
It's a Micargi frame that I found on E-Bay.
First is a basic mock up with the stock frame.
DSC_0068.jpg

I couldn't leave this thing factory so, I cut the factory 5 inch head tube off and replaced it with a 7 incher leaned back an additional 20 degrees.

I added a set of US Choppers 36" forks.
I was very pleased with the quality on these.
DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

Now besides body work and paint,I need to find a seat and decide what wheels to put on this thing.

Re: Super Stunt Bike

Back at it.
Cut the rear chain stays off and spread and re-angled them.
DSC_0198.jpg

Bent a new bottom tube.
DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

Removed the factory bottom tube and seat tube.
DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

Reassembled to check fit on everything.
DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

Now I need to figure out how I am going to cap the lower tube and some sort of kick stand.

Re: 9 foot cruiser

I just ordered up some new wheels and tires for this project.
26"x2.3" They should be here early next week.

Re: 9 foot cruiser

Cap the lower tube with a spike of some sort. Down there in front of the crank it wouldn't pose any danger to you or others and would look pretty cool with the stretched out chopper look.

Re: 9 foot cruiser "New Rollers"

d.rock said:
Bike looks sick, what kind of tires are those? I especially like the rim color choice against the black.
Wheels and tires are off of a Huffy Panama Jack Ladies Bike. :oops:
I had ordered a Huffy Big Daddy for the redline tires and wheels but they were out of stock.
So, I went to my local Walmart for look and found these.

I like the lines of this a lot but I have a suggestion. How about moving the seat back against the rear tire and lower to the frame? I know it might be hard to reach the pedals but would look awesome! It's coming along great though. I can't wait to see more!

Lookin' good !!! But as owner of a 10-ft lowrider, it's obvious that I like it. Keep up the good work ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

slick said:
I like the lines of this a lot but I have a suggestion. How about moving the seat back against the rear tire and lower to the frame? I know it might be hard to reach the pedals but would look awesome! It's coming along great though. I can't wait to see more!
This was already on my mind.
I just finished moving the seat mount back and down.
It actually makes it a little more comfortable to ride.
I'll put some pics up when I get home from work.

Flipped the seat tube over and moved it back 1.5"
DSC_0416.jpg

Capped the lower tube.
DSC_0417.jpg

just want to tell you i really like the look of your bike and with your permission id like to build one similer to yours i own 2 Basmans and a Macargi Puma limo frame and ive wanted to lower the belly like my Basmans but looking at your bike i really want to do it i wont rake the front out cuz i like when the front wheel is close to the frame thanks and again nice rebuild 8)

N*H*F*F* said:
just want to tell you i really like the look of your bike and with your permission id like to build one similer to yours i own 2 Basmans and a Macargi Puma limo frame and ive wanted to lower the belly like my Basmans but looking at your bike i really want to do it i wont rake the front out cuz i like when the front wheel is close to the frame thanks and again nice rebuild 8)
Thanks for the compliments.
I don't really think you need my permission to build something similar.
Cut it up and make it yours. :wink:

I just put on a temporary rattle can paint job in a flat burgandy.
This spring I will strip it back down for body filler and a proper paint job.
DSC_04012.jpg

DSC_0399.jpg

Back