A 1981 Raleigh Canuck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my 1981 Raleigh Canuck. Don't know much about this one except when I found it I thought it was pretty cool. Slapped down some money and took it home to completely dismantle it. :lol: I went through the whole bike and refurbed it. I was going to do a repaint, when I cleaned it up..I decided to just let it be. I have it up for sale so I hope it goes somewhere where it will be appreciated. You can move the top brace to a top position or a low position making it a boys or girls bike which I had never seen before. I am sure the "Canuck" is to appeal to the Canadian consumers, but I am pretty sure that because it's a Raleigh, it may have some counterpart across the border or the pond. If anyone knows anything about this one, please share!
raleighcanuck066nl1.jpg

raleighcanuck034yg4.jpg

raleighcanuck038du2.jpg

raleighcanuck023ns2.jpg

raleighcanuck045ye5.jpg

raleighcanuck049xo7.jpg

schwinnmesa said:
That's awesome, I love it. I can't believe you thought about repainting it. :shock:

I know! :lol: ...I came to my senses once I got it cleaned up. But in my own defense it was covered in gunk and rust was showing on all of the chrome.

WE NEVER HAD ANYTHING LIKE THAT THIS SIDE OF THE POND IN ENGLAND
NEVER SEEN ONE BEFORE, A REAL NICE BIKE,
CAN I ASK ABOUT THE CAR IN THE BACKGROUND?

chopperwazza said:
WE NEVER HAD ANYTHING LIKE THAT THIS SIDE OF THE POND IN ENGLAND
NEVER SEEN ONE BEFORE, A REAL NICE BIKE,
CAN I ASK ABOUT THE CAR IN THE BACKGROUND?

You sure can! That is my 1969 Cadillac Sedan De Ville. It needs a lot of bodywork done, but the 472 under the hood runs beautifully. It's on my list of projects to do complete. That list is becoming long... :lol:

dang, thats sweet!

Back