A bike named "Bob" (new found goodies)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The doctor said I should start doing a little more every day, (since my heart attack two weeks ago) and since I'll be headin back to work in a week or two I thought I'd take advantage of the time and jump into the build off (Im also trying to get my Datsun painted and get it together!) The bike is a 20 yr old Murry I think and I got it for nothin so why not? I started officialy today with the tear down and started to strip the 3 layers of paint off it. I do have new wheels and tires and a new chain and seat. I am waiting delivery of a beehive springer.I have some goodies in my vintage auto parts stash that I need to dig out.This will be a full fendered "Dresser" for lack of a better discription.No paint, I want bare metal (sealed) and satin black. This will be my beach going cruiser for this summer, I have not owned one since 1981!Why "Bob"? ------------B uild O ff B ike,why not?

bob1stday6-4-12.jpg

bob3.jpg

bob2.jpg

Re: A bike named "Bob" ( I wanna play!)

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!YOU STARTED WITH A GREAT FRAME. HAVE FUN AND GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

I would of named it George but whatever ... :mrgreen: Think I'm gonna like the wheels and tires on this bike too :D

Welcome aboard the RRBBO7 recovery train!!
That is one serious sanding station you got there.
Don't forget rule number 1.......HAVE FUN!!!!

Thanks guy's, I wanted to show you some of the stuff I'm starting with. I am looking at some old black saddle bags tomorrow and that will seal the deal so to speak as far as my direction if I score them.They will hang over this old paper boy rack.This old light will be my headlight (working of course) as well as th large stop light and small red brake lights. The Civil Defense box will be the battery box I think.

bobparts1.jpg

bbox.jpg

rack1.jpg

headlight2.jpg

headlight1.jpg

Maybe you should change the name to Bert. :p

duck-and-cover.jpg

This is gonna be a fun one to watch!
It will be a good compliment to "Boarder Patrol".
Have Fun!

Fisch said:
Wait did you say Datsun? you are speaking my language. I am Fisch over at Ratsun.net too. Have a 71' 521 a '71 510 and a 1959 Datsun.

Lets see a pic!

(And fun build!)

I have a build page on Ratsun under 620's same name (MOODSTER) too. Link-
http://community.ratsun.net/topic/32752 ... ustom-620/

Today we finished the prime and prep, will be shooting the jambs tomorrow and painting it Thursday.

bw2.jpg

Nice! I am a moderator at Ratsun and the guy who drew the510 banner at the top of the forum. I've been a bit slack there lately though! Spring hits, and I get bikes in my veins, and they eat my Datsun time. After this build-off though, I need to jump back in!

Love a chopped 620! Get some louvers into your bike build too and you'd have a heck of a presentation!

Re: A bike named "Bob" (new found goodies 6/6/12)

Today I spent the morning at the hospital with my cardiologist and the rest of the day working on my datsun. But, I did look for and find parts for my build!

Found another stash box and pulled out somw more goodies.Too many choices!
partsbox.jpg

I do like this pair of mirrors left and right.
mirrors.jpg

This licence plate light/holder is perfect for the back of that rack.
licencelight.jpg

I did score those saddle bags,
saddlebags.jpg

This huge headlight may become a housing for my large tailight (shown previously) or a housing for a speaker installed on the rear rack. I am dreaming of a stereo system for my IPOD. Whatya think?
choices.jpg

Nice lights and I love the bags!

Yeah, I think I'm going in a different direction with this "dresser" theme.I mean, everyone strips the bikes down and I am piling stuff on.It will all have a purpose though, not just gluing parts on it for artistic reasons.I am building this one to cruise and now I am thinking of painting it. I'll be back on it later today,still waiting on my springers to come then I can choose wich one I'll be using. And, if anyone has a link to an amplified stereo system installed on a bike, I'd be gratefull for the hook up.Thanks, Moody

Latest posts

Back