A cool Phillips bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son brought this home for me the other day :D. He got it at a garage sale, looks pretty cool.
HPIM8137.jpg
HPIM8140.jpg
HPIM8139.jpg
HPIM8142.jpg
HPIM8150.jpg
HPIM8146.jpg
HPIM8144.jpg

I think i might just clean it a little and ride it. The wheels are actually straight and true and the Sturmy Archer 3 speed shifts good, the date on the hub says 55. Needs different handle bars and fenders. The seat is comfortable but all i could think of when i was riding it was man i hope the springs dont pop threw :shock:

deorman said:
Doesn't that seat have an upper under-carriage? If so, you're probably safe. :mrgreen: Get a conventional bar and rock the wheels naked. :wink:
And a stem! :lol: :p
I dont think i wanna rock that seat naked the neighbors might run me down with there car :lol:.

outskirtscustoms said:
I had a tan one just like that with a sturmey archer 3 speed, are they worth much?
009.jpg

3n93k13m85Od5Q75Rc9b6634e0caaf4e519b92.jpg
Does yours have that cool looking decal on the top tube? I dont know what its worth but it does ride petty good, it has a solid feel about it.

it didn't I traded it off last summer, just wanted to know if I got a good deal or not. I kinda miss it reguardless but I couldn't pass up a chance at a recumbent trike, even if it was a home built.

love it... some real cool details there... looking forward to seeing it finished

do you mind posting the serial number? i just want to compare mine. my bike doesn't have the sturney so i don't know the date. thanks

here's my bike

4811276099_2a8b25d931_z.jpg

That's a real Phillips, made before Raleigh bought up all the other brands in 1960. Nice bike!

Latest posts

Back