A couple backyard finds.Need some ID help!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey all! I came across these two old cruisers hangin out in a friends backyard. I could use a little help with some ID's,if I may ask. The red is a Hawthorne and I'm looking for maybe a year or model. The blue I don't know what it is. Any help would be appreciated. I would love to rebuild this Hawthorne maybe into a boardtracker.The possibilities are endless. Cheers
05-15-10_2008.jpg

05-15-10_2010.jpg

05-15-10_2009.jpg

05-15-10_2014.jpg

05-15-10_2015.jpg

Phil will confirm, but I think that's a '40-41 'thorne, because it still has ears for a drop stand on the rear dropouts, and has the star chainring which shows up around '40. I'd guess the girl's schwinn is an early-mid 50s. -Adam

I would love to have that headlight for my hawthorne :D If you decide to make it a boardtracker can i buy the headlight?

Thanks for the info. I was going to restore the Hawthorne but I just got my Rollfast back that was stolen from my yard,so I think I'm going to sell it. Anybody interested. Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Back