A couple of old ladies followed me home

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found these two on CL the other day. I'm starting to get into some of the women's bikes just because they have a certain design and style that makes them unique. I wouldn't doubt that they get more collectable and we may regret tearing some of these up for men's parts. I see more and more females wanting retro bikes. Anyway, this is my my first Monark ( though I'd really like a men's). It's the Deluxe, not Super Deluxe but still has the crash bars on the tank. Here's my question: It has 24" mid-weight tires on it. Is it a 24" bike? Look at the space between the tire and fender. Does it just need ballooner's? It seems to be the original wheelset ( ND) with the chrome knobby lugnuts. Are those aluminum wheels? And should it have a trainlight?
DSC_4772.jpg

DSC_4774.jpg

DSC_4775.jpg

The Huffy Mainliner is in really good shape. Just dirty and greasy which I like because it preserves the paint and chrome underneath. Seems complete but needs tubes and tires. A preliminary cleanup shows it to shine up really nice. Not quite sure if I'll keep either but if the Monark is 24", it will go to a new home after cleanup. Thanks for looking. Brian

DSC_4762.jpg

DSC_4768.jpg

DSC_4770.jpg

Those are nice ladies you just got, it might be a 26 because the wheels don't look right under the fenders.

Balloon tires are 20/24/26 X 2 125 inch on those bikes.

The monark looks like someone just changed out the wheels to fit their wife or daughter since it was too. Those wheels should bring a pretty penny, they look in really good shape!! :D

Nice bike! Looks very complete, the acorns on the hubs are always a good sign. Are there holes in the fender for a light? I think that's a 26. I've also really been wanting a men's Super Deluxe since I "restored" the one for my girlfriend.

Latest posts

Back