A cyclist got killed in my town this morning...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's tragedy, and it makes me sick too. A couple weeks ago in Grand Rapids, Michigan, a man was killed on his bike also. And just a mile from me on a bike trail, a guy was killed there a couple of days ago. Drunk drivers are my worst enemy.

I live in a small town and it's not short on bad drivers. At least once a week I'll have a near miss with someone who has forgotton the rules of the road. and it's not just on a bike, we have dogs that we'll take for a walk and I can't belive how many people give us crappy looks 'cus they have to wait for us to cross, if they let us. I hate it when they act like it's MY fault, the lady in the mini-van that turned right as I was crossing the street, from corner to corner on my bike, she slamed on the brakes and gave me the hands up WTH gesture. It is scarry to think that with the high price of fuel more people are going to bikes, mopeds, and motorcycles. I've seen a lot more of all them and with the bad drivers flying around,(don't forget to factor in cell phones) it's a mirical that someone hasn't been hit yet.

How'd you figure someone is a spammer?

Anyhow, yeah I get kinda nervous around cars period. I remember watching a Biker Build Off episode and I can not remember the dudes name. But he implemented a very large Ball-pean Hammer also known as a traffic cop. I dunno how many people have yelled at me or honked at me and whizzed by extra close. But I am thinking when I seal the deal and get my frame for my first build I am going to implement a traffic cop into my design.

One time I seriously thought about installing my automatic airsoft gun into my bike. The trigger would be by the shifting levers. You know.. if someone threw an apple at me when they drove by in their car, I'd just pull down the trigger and watch a stream of 20 BB's dent the back of their car.

It makes no sense to me this attitude of people yelling at me on my bike or being a jerk. I tryt o be rastional, there's some bad rivers out there. But the yelling while driving by is cowardly and I really dislike it.

Back