A few odd ones today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Natrona Heights, PA- 20 Miles NE of Pittsburgh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a call to pick up a few bikes a guy set by a tree for me. There were a few I know, like a Worldsport, which is very tall, but one I have no idea what it is other then a Schwinn. But there is a Bridgstone Kabuki T-3. It looks like a nice bike. Also is a road bike that has ITOH on it. There were also a couple others, but nothing notable. Huffy 24" woman's montain and a rusty 3-speed.

It looks like the red Schwinn roadbike was painted by the same guy that painted the mystery bike.

102_2711.jpg

102_2712.jpg

102_2713.jpg

102_2715.jpg

102_2716.jpg[img]

Odd but useful. The Bridgestone is cool. The Schiwnn bannana is interesting. Older chainguard but new other parts.

I like the Bridgestone one too. It doesn't need much so I will fix it. It is a 3-speed, the cable is mising. Someone took a piece of a stick and jambed it under the lever on the hug to keep it in gear to ride. Everything else works.

The bananna seat bike is a real mystery. I have posted about it on several forums with little response. I had expected to find out what it was in a few minutes, but no one has been able to tell me anything for sure.

I am having trouble with decodeing the serial #. I get either 52 or 64. The only response I got was a guess that it was a 50's heavyweight that someone put the seat and bars on. Serial B45781

It has an odd chain guard, and a old looking New Departure rear hub. Somebody did a horrible repaint but it all the rest of the stuff looks original. At least I think it is, but of course I don't know what it is. Oh and the Head-badge is gone.

I guess it could be that old. It is funny, on Saturday I was moving the pile of bikes I had by my garage and found an old Huffy. The frame looks a lot like this one. Sting Ray like, only bigger. It has 26" wheels. I also found anothet mountain bike fork on a Next like the one I made my son's chopper out of. I am planning on doing another chopper out of the 2 of them. I kind of hated trashing the Next bike just to get the fork. It is a dual suspension mountain bike that looks like it was never ridden, or not much. It came from the unclaimed bikes at the local police dept. I couldn't pass on the fork though. I will stripo the rast down and use the parts on something else. I guess I could put a differant style fork on it, but what fun would that be.

The new chopper is going to be much like my other one. But this time I am going to make it a 3-speed and put hand brakes on it for that chopper look. I just wish I had a stick shifter for it. I think I will try and make a twist shifter work, but then I won't be able to have any cool grips. I will have to see what developes along the way.

Your Scwinn Dates 3/4 to 3/31 of 1952, too few digits to be a 64. On the ten speed reading itoh, add a C for Citoh. A mid grade road bike offering from Italy. :wink: Later & PEACE!!! :mrgreen:

Sweet little score ya got thier..I like the Kabuki here's mine..
100_1270.jpg

Back