A good saturday find or what

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and a buddy whent out picking and I think this one found a new nest to call home it a 52 wasp had to add some apes and a ace badge that I had laying around dident have a Badge on it and the bottom screw is broke off in frame it allready had some costoms things done to the stem that I thought gave it some character
c16a922e.jpg

015d293a.jpg

171d1c51.jpg

c5d072e2.jpg

04c8693a.jpg

eb272cd1.jpg

350496b4.jpg

949fd965.jpg

81e6b592.jpg

And this is somthing else I got out thare today too its to cool not to show every one
033f058e.jpg

It looks like the neck wedge failed and they then drilled the frame to put a bolt through to hold the neck on. Oops! Wheel won't turn with bolt through neck and frame. :oops: Plan B...drill the top nut. :p Redneck fix is in! Gary

Sweet find, I don't think it's a 52 though. They used a different chainguard decal through at least 1957, the part that says "Wasp" was black & gold. I know 1959-61 had the decal like yours. Same bike overall anyway! -Adam

pretty rad find on the ghostbusters ambulance. I've found a few of those but they are generally missing the fins or doors.

On the Ambulance the driver side door is missing but it has a working winch that drops out the back and when you slide the exhaust pipes over and roll it I draws it in the back I also got the stay puff marshmellow guy from the same place too
16c83177.jpg

And with my wasp when I ran the serialnumber it tells me that it 9/11/52 this is the number that's on it e131208 I had my buddy run it and he came up with 5/15/61 so I'm not sure thanks for the feed back on it thou

Did you find that in Michigan? The sticker on the rear fender is from "Sandy Pines Resort" here in West Michigan. Here's the site with that logo. Brian. You must be Rob's buddy from GH.

http://www.sandypines.com/

I had a old schwinn that I had powder every thing black Befor but the frame but I ended up trading it too a buddy so with this one I wanted to do the same but keep this one but you know how that goes
bd3fad35.jpg

a88df74a.jpg

I also made a slammed seat post for it too
efb62928.jpg

The green one is a scamp that was made by sunsport and the wood one is a woody that is also made by sunsport as well don't really know to much about them but thay are ride able

Too Cool !! I picked up a Red Flexible Flyer by Variflex a while back at a local fleamarket..sweet rider !! :D

Gebolys77 said:
The green one is a scamp that was made by sunsport and the wood one is a woody that is also made by sunsport as well don't really know to much about them but thay are ride able

This is about all I'm going to do to this besides trying to find another good year for it
a860a856.jpg

9bae192d.jpg

f2fffaa1.jpg

2edd7d62.jpg

But it deffnily need another white wall forsure

Back