A little fun with a wheel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maddogrider said:
So would the wheel still work right if it had no spokes like the bike the fly is rideing in you picture? Spokes just seem to be there for looks correct.

I have apparently run a successful wheel building factory for the last 102 years, and I can tell you for 100% certain that there are 2 kinds of spokes. The ones on the clockwise side are used to hold the wheel to the hub. The ones on the anti-clockwise side are just for looks. And of course, this whole thing is backwards in Australia.

I can provide said pic of a wheel installation but I can't seem to be able to get the pic up? Can anybody help me please? :mrgreen:

IMG_0197-1.jpg
[/img]

xddorox said:
I can provide said pic of a wheel installation but I can't seem to be able to get the pic up? Can anybody help me please? :mrgreen:

IMG_0197-1.jpg
[/img]

Hey gerry. You seem to have posted the img code a lil bit wrong. See. When you were at photo bucket you will copy the code in its complete correct form. So there is no need to use the forums img code to post the picture. Here is the pic you were tryin to post and hope this may clear up any confusion.
IMG_0197-1.jpg

I get it thanks
you must of been doing some anticlockwase circles it looks like your wheel might be falling off :mrgreen:
Oh yea and that is a steller watch and hat you have there. Thanks again

mrmoto003.jpg

Thanks for the Info Upper, I actually found a thread on posting pics just before you fixed it. For those wondering, the watch is a Timex of the $30 variety purchased on Ebay (I can link the power seller's ebay store if you want) and I don't want to be of the nether region about this, but let me kindly correct you on the "hat", it is actually a "cap" of the baseball variety. :D

johnny nightwolf said:
maddogrider said:
So would the wheel still work right if it had no spokes like the bike the fly is rideing in you picture? Spokes just seem to be there for looks correct.

I have apparently run a successful wheel building factory for the last 102 years, and I can tell you for 100% certain that there are 2 kinds of spokes. The ones on the clockwise side are used to hold the wheel to the hub. The ones on the anti-clockwise side are just for looks. And of course, this whole thing is backwards in Australia.

no offense johnny but your manufacturing methods must be out of date :roll: modern wheels ARE built with two kinds of spokes (at least you got that part right,) the forward angled spokes PULL the rim to the hub while the rearward angled spokes are designed to PUSH the hub to the rim. in more advanced modern wheels, there are also heavier gauge spokes used directly across from the valve stem position to balance the wheel for decorative valve stem cap use.

and it makes no difference what hemisphere your in, thats an old wives tale started to keep kids from riding their bikes too far from home

My Fav!!
* 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

I like that one.

Rat Rod said:
Anyone know how to post photos?
First you have to take the photo you want to post. And Then you have to go to a photo upload site.
And Then you have to post the photo on the photo upload site.
And then you have to copy uploaded photo img code.
And then you have to fight the urge to clicky the RRB img code button. I know I know it is a strong urge. But really you must fight it.
And then paste the code in the replyed section of the topic.
And then press preview to see if the pic you posted shows up.
And then if the pic does not show up you should open your eyes to see the photo.
Hope this helps.

Firewalker said:
Hey why are some names a different colors?
Don't worry. FW. You'll get it. Its as easy as 123 or squeeze cheese or what ever you like. Pie, no bake cookies,self cleaning ovens.

And if you show a pic of a wheel, the spokes better be crossed even if it's a wheel that hasn't been touched in 60 years. Maybe a little BMX or MTB influence going on there?

Back