A long way from home!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this baby on ebay over here in the UK
!BlSWM0wBWk~$(KGrHqUOKisEtl)SKH4-BLbEnPNppw~~_3.JPG

Its been advertised as a 1936 Schwinn Lincoln/paramount. I dunno what it is but I do know its cool!!!
All it seen to need is a new chain and fresh rubber.
Skiptooth chains are pretty much non existant over here so I'll be placing an ad in the wanted section :wink:

awesome! cant wait to see progress! dare ya to re-paint it that yellow. :p no, just strip the fork and leave it all bare.

Bare metal with a clear coat to keep the rust away 8)
I dont know if the forks are original but the are the same colour as the frame, they even have a lock incorporated in them

!BlSWrqgBWk~$(KGrHqYOKjQEtliu(D70BLbEo5D8Ww~~_3.JPG

heres a better shot of the seat

!BlSWoEQBWk~$(KGrHqQOKkYEtkmJzUtEBLbEosU7S!~~_3.JPG

wonderful grips

!BlSWl(!!2k~$(KGrHqQOKi4Etk1C2zfCBLbEojweSQ~~_3.JPG

and the all important head badge

!BlSWdjQ!2k~$(KGrHqMOKjcEs5lEMS-0BLbEoHnH)!~~_3.JPG

you should scrape the paint off the fork to match the rest of it, since thats how it looks like they did it. (with a knife or razor blade) and you should be glad theres keys for that fork, cuz someone couldve broken the key off in there.

Again, What Stretch said. Try to match the strip job, on the frame, to the fork. It'll rust back in nicely with a little time, I guess.

Cool, unique patina.

Lonewolf said:
Again, What Stretch said. Try to match the strip job, on the frame, to the fork. It'll rust back in nicely with a little time, I guess.

Cool, unique patina.

thanx stretch !... :wink:

I finally took delivery of it today and it is looking sweet 8)
I would really like to be able to date this bike as it seems to be causing some controversy.
One possible problem I have discovered on my 1st proper look at it is it appears to have steel clad wooden rims!

4423078880_0e48dc24f5_b.jpg

Anyone have any ideas where i can get some rubber for these??

I had a play with it over the weekend as I wanted to see how large the tyres were I could fit, Best I can do is 1.95 on the rear and 2.125 on the front.
I laced some old rims onto new hubs and fitted a modern chain wheel while I await my skiptooth chain. When The chain arrives I will lace up the rims to the old new departure hubs to keep it looking aged :wink:

lincoln005.jpg

Even if you wanted to leave the fork yellow, you have a really very cool looking ride there.

Maybe put a Union jack on it somewhere.

best wishes with it.

Back