a motor problem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Can i use 24'' skiptooth wheels with a motor kit on a cruiser frame? Or do i need the standered sprocket and star for crank? Im trying to build a boardtrack racer

Most kits I've seen attach to the other side of the wheel, so it shouldn't make any difference, other than the fact that you'll actually have a serviceable brake. :wink:

deorman said:
Most kits I've seen attach to the other side of the wheel, so it shouldn't make any difference, other than the fact that you'll actually have a serviceable brake. :wink:

ok thanks. :mrgreen:

Dan did you buy your motor kit off ebay? I have been looking on there and thinking about buying one.

tgriffin27 said:
Dan did you buy your motor kit off ebay? I have been looking on there and thinking about buying one.

Thats a story for another day...... just too lazy to type it now.

Hey dan,

Are you using a coaster brake hub or a three speed? The one thing you'll have to worry about is the hole diameter of the motor sprocket. Generally for a coaster brake you have two options. The first is to cut down the dust cap on the hub in order for the sprocket to fit or machine out the hole on the sprocket itself. Like deorman said, what you use to pedal the bike won't matter a bit.

Tgriffin7, I buy my kits from http://www.thatsdax.com they usually have good deals, throurough build instructions online and they offer a 6mo warranty.

sojudave said:
Hey dan,

Are you using a coaster brake hub or a three speed? The one thing you'll have to worry about is the hole diameter of the motor sprocket. Generally for a coaster brake you have two options. The first is to cut down the dust cap on the hub in order for the sprocket to fit or machine out the hole on the sprocket itself. Like deorman said, what you use to pedal the bike won't matter a bit.

Tgriffin7, I buy my kits from http://www.thatsdax.com they usually have good deals, throurough build instructions online and they offer a 6mo warranty.

mine fit right over my coaster brake hub without issue.
IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

last pic you can barely see the arm, its actually attached to the upper rear stay behind the number plate.

Thanks sojudave i was checking out there site last night and I like how they sell there kits with roller bearings in the motor it will definately make there engines last longer.

Back