A New Motorcycle, Followed Quickly By Horrible News

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Three weeks ago, I bought an electric motorcycle. I had been researching for two years, and saved up, and I finally went to a ZERO dealership, and purchased a Model DS. Cash. Money saved from my Afghanistan deployment.

Here it is:

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

Well, after three weeks, and a good two hundred miles already added, it's already been stolen from my carport. Today. They actually cut the charging cable (which they could have just unplugged), and walked away with a 430lb motorcycle. I'm so mad, I wish I could cuss on this site. ;)

Seriously though, I'm bummed, and even if I get all of its value from my insurance, it will be minus the large deductible that I selected to keep the cost down.

I'm not sure if I'll want to buy another one. This has really deflated me.

Sorry to hear that- sucks to not be into it anymore, more than it actually being stolen. Losing a passion for something is rough.
It was a nice bike BTW, I've never seen this "Zero" bike before.. I kind of lost it for motorcycling myself.

I'll bite my tongue on what I think of people that do stuff like that, but I am sorry that it happened to you. And from one veteran to another, thank you for your service!

Had a guy I worked with that always wanted a bike. He finally saved enough money
for one and the day came to go to the dealership and buy it. On the way home, he
was sitting at a light and a woman in a station wagon behind him was in labor and
driving herself to the hospital. She had a contraction ...hit the gas...shoved him and
his new bike into oncoming traffic and he was dead 10 minutes after his big purchase.
Sometimes things happen for a reason. Sorry yours got stolen, but sometimes bad isn't
always that bad.

Uncle Stretch said:
Had a guy I worked with that always wanted a bike. He finally saved enough money
for one and the day came to go to the dealership and buy it. On the way home, he
was sitting at a light and a woman in a station wagon behind him was in labor and
driving herself to the hospital. She had a contraction ...hit the gas...shoved him and
his new bike into oncoming traffic and he was dead 10 minutes after his big purchase.
Sometimes things happen for a reason. Sorry yours got stolen, but sometimes bad isn't
always that bad.

That's one of the most messed up stories I've heard in a long time.

Times like these calls for a dose of lead I must say.

partsguy said:

just a dose? give em the whole pharmacy!!!!!!!!
for me, loving harleys, this even bums me out, im sorry that just sucks. ive never heard of these bikes, looks kinda cool, like an enduro, how fast can this electric do?

Uncle Stretch said:
always that bad.

Taking a life to add another. that just stinks.

custombikebuilder said:
partsguy said:

just a dose? give em the whole pharmacy!!!!!!!!
for me, loving harleys, this even bums me out, im sorry that just sucks. ive never heard of these bikes, looks kinda cool, like an enduro, how fast can this electric do?

Top speed as it was geared was 80 (that's mph, for any non-US types reading this). It says about 60 fwy miles, and 114 city miles on the procures, though I wasn't getting that. I think that's partially me riding it harder than optimal.

Latest posts

Back