A rat rod goes to college

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, this forum is awesome! I am pretty sure I'll be able to learn anything and everything about bikes from this forum.
To start, I'm 19 and I love driving and working on cars, fixing audio equipment(preferably tube), jamming to records and 8-tracks, making music, organic gardening, and many other things. I could really go on for days telling you about myself but instead I'll skip to the part about bikes.

I have always had bikes but I would out grow them pretty quickly. I still have a Haro 540 air, a Schwinn Stingray chopper, and a Dyno bmx bike but none of these suited my needs for a bike right now. That is because I am in college and I want a bike to travel from building to building for my classes. I also wanted the bike to fit in the back of my SUV so most 26" bikes were out of the picture. So with that I bought a little green Schwinn Speedster and a Schwinn varsity. The Speedster is the one I will be riding at school and I am still thinking about what to do with the Varsity. I attached some pictures so you can see what they look like. Once it stops raining I'll try and get a better photo with the handlebars straight.

The Speedster has 20" rims to give you an idea of size. I am 6' 2" but I can easily fit on the Speedster.
IMG_5271.jpg

IMG_5274.jpg

Welcome to the forums! :D Nice to see some young blood into the hobby along with me :mrgreen:

I really like the looks of your Speedster.
I am used to folding bikes, so I understand that with a long enough seatpost and tall enough handlebars, 20" wheels can work just fine.

Welcome to the forum. You'll have a blast here.

Back