A rusty pile and a nice survivor!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Another one bites the dust! another one bites the dust hey hey! Another bite the dust! :lol:

I've been busy here's my find from Saturday. Its a 1964 Huffy El Dorado. This will parted out, I've got quite a few bikes that can use parts off this. Its awful rusty but the parts I needed were intact. I went for a trip to get it as the seller likely didn't know how to properly take this apart and for what I paid for the bike I would feel silly putting him through all the trouble. Besides I was sick for days and I just wanted to get my lazy ... out of the house! Half of the serial number is gone but I'm 90% sure this is a 1964 model.

Its a shame this bike is so complete but rusted to bits. It looked like it was well taken care of, but just sat out in the elements and stored wrong for far too long.

It came from rural Indiana and I would bet the odometer here has rolled over before.

A couple days later this fell right into my arms. This one will be fixed and flipped. It needs a mechanical restoration and a few cosmetic things. It even has what I think are the original tires and they're in great shape! Its a 1964 Firestone 500 II

Nice on the Firestone. Mine is a '64 as well! Congrats.....

Btw...mine had Firestone Speed Cusion whitewalls on it when I found it.

If you decide to sell and the price is right, let me know. Might be cool to have a matching set. :lol:

lol that IS me!

I do a lot more parting of bikes here than I do there, so I felt "partsguy" on RRB felt fitting :D

Besides, I get tired of "classicfan1" on every site I'm on.

Slowriderz that bike sure is cool! I'll be using the ornament and headlight assembly on this bike for one of my own. I'll grab what I need off this and either send it to the great junkyard in the sky or let it sit as yard art, its rusted to pieces yes but in a cool kind of way. .....

I'll be pulling the bearings, hub guts, kickstand, maybe the rear fender too.

I saw it on CL too and I was tempted but he later put it on ebay for crush price ($12.50) and I couldn't pass it up.

if u decide to part with that fender jet off the 64 huffy let me know - need one for my silver jet

Latest posts

Back