A.S.B.H.R.D Aperture Science Bi-Wheeled Human Re-Location

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Progress!

the primed frame from before, I primed it probably a month ago.

823d2e6a.jpg

Note the widened dropouts

61a1bd27.jpg

Took an adjustable wrench and squeezed them togethere, and kind of straightened them out. Sanded some of the rough spots too.

26878d1d.jpg

And now:

1ed3bbdc.jpg

Paint has turned out pretty good so far! i'm proud of myself.

Great color! I want a white bike. Now I know what paint to use. Hey 2 weeks left...Get Ta Buildin'!! Peace

The heat wave is somewhat, not really over. I got a second coat of white on, and a coat of brown. All thats left is Painting the fork, other parts(yet to be released and then assembly.

More!

I stayed up until 4:00 Last night working on painting the wheels on my cruiser...EVERY TIME I PAINTED THEM, it bubbled. I did everything to clean them-Laquer thinner, let it dry, wiped it off, sanded it like crazy...Coat of paint, bubble, wet sand, dryed it, wiped it off, bubbled, Anger, throwing paint cans, wet sand, paint bubble...

Anywho

Paint is done on the frame, almost the fork, now i just need to weather it. Got the Box all sanded down, I dunno what i'm going to do about the insides, might just put some anti-rust stuff in it for a while, and then wipe it out.
ae0f2b3d.jpg

8d4e1150.jpg

4a00e059.jpg

Oops
0d7430df.jpg

Busy night
4e2b4f3d.jpg

dc6812c2.jpg

8c941fc9.jpg

Oh man, you could've saved yourself some time masking off your car wheels with a little trick I introduced in my build thread on how to paint car wheels!

I can't wait to see how you engineer that big a.zz Ford rim onto your bike!!!!!!

The dingo is running it last second as usual.

I've got my fender situation all figured out. Whats left is cranks, wheels. I've got the stuff, Just dont know what to decide upon.
6071d26d.jpg

Rack and chainguard. I bought another chainguard at work, but had the crazy lady hold the bike for me. THe bike is probably gone now, SO $5 out the window.

TheFlyingDingo said:
Ok, I give. The bike is based upon a very popular video game, Portal...A company in which the game is based off of. Of course they are not real, but look into their "History" Its pretty legit. I was trying to find photo editing software, I used to have Photoshop (CS3) But lost it. I downloaded gimp, and I'm having a hard time learning it. So I would rather finish the bike.

The only reason I was taking so long with updates, Was because I was trying to get extra creative. I had created some Names based upon Portal's Aperture Sciences clever names and acronyms. For Example, Bearings became Aperture Science Caged Load Bearing Spheres, or ASCLBS. I was going to do "Blueprints" for them, which explains the photoshop.

The Bike is going to be based off of a worksman frame. It is known as an Aperture Science Bi-Wheeled Human Re-Location Device. Or A.S.B.H.R.D. I've had ideas running through my head for quite a while.

The bike is supposed to look like it was found in the aperture science facilities, All faded and worn. It was to be used for transportation in the Labs, since the labs were so immense(Play the game, Cave johnson bought a salt mine to build the place)

Here is the frame I'm using. Right now it is in primer!
8f8b3c9d.jpg

I apologize, this is a little all over the place.
Portal is beast man...now someone just needs to make a Wheatley Science bike :mrgreen:
Can't wait to see this one!

I'm almost done with paint, now i just have is assembly and wiring and details. I think i can finish it, but dont know the quality of my photos. :roll:

Tires, guard. I didnt like the other one, so i got this from another member.

d7a21ad7.jpg

For fenders, I'm lost. I really like the looks of the yellow's braces, but how deep the one i already planned on using(the one with the hole drilled in)
c9486058.jpg

5a891122.jpg

Dont remember if i posted this:
6071d26d.jpg

THats the guard i PLANNED on using. the Rack will be covered with a piece of sheet metal at the top, to cover up some of the original wire rack.

I really didnt spend much on this build, most money went to the custom badge.

Back