A tank on this one?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a poor college student who has been needing a bike to get around for quite a while. I finally decided I would bite the bullet and buy myself a bike recently. I knew I wanted a cruiser (.... that vintage style), and after searching around, I fell in love with the design of the Schwinn Deluxe Seven. I soon found out, that I couldn't afford one of these beasts, and began looking for some cheaper bikes. After checking out walmart.com, I noticed they're selling a Huffy Good Vibration for ~$80 + shipping.

I figure for a bike so cheap in cost, I might be able to buy a few things to give it a similar look. I know I can get a black rear rack pretty easily, and a fender mounted headlight wouldn't be so difficult, but how about that tank? Is the body considered a cantilever body? Is it possible to buy a tank to fit on this thing? I'd also be satisfied with a headlight tank if I could find those.

Thanks for your help.

0002891424428_500X500.jpg

I don't think you'll find a ready made tank to fit that bike, but you oughta browse through the forums and see the flat tank "plates" or "panels" a lot of the guys have made for their bikes. They aren't too hard to make and really look sharp.

lightfoot is right.....the schwinn tanks wont fit that frame(even though it is a cantilever frame)...the geometry isnt the same but as he said you could make something to fill the gap

Thanks for the idea guys, I'm definitely going to check it out. I'm still wondering if something like this headlight tank is available:

01040701031201160820080902cab8c2e3eda50ce70e00ae3f.jpg

010302011610010400200809020aeee6a5cd9dd53b9600d199.jpg

01020301030201040220080902d7389abd553cfa862500d5d6.jpg

I'd like to note that I could pick up this bike for about 200 bucks (from craigslist). I'm debating whether this will be worth it versus adding the custom accessories myself.

find a tank for a ladies Murray or similar and flip the tank to fit a mans frame...you might have to bore out the plastic light part and make your own tank hangers but I think it would work...

this is a Murray type (maybe Murray built) frame with a tank upside down...no light though...
0001.jpg

do you have an lbs that keeps older bikes around? if so see if they might have anything hiding in the back or if you know some of the people who work there you could have them keep an eye out for you(if someone brings one in to sell or find out value)
good luck! you could also check the classifieds here or post that youre looking for one you might hit the jackpot :wink:

Back