a TON of pics from the Monson Swap Meet and Willamantic Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took this picture that day, This is the bike you wanted to see right Brigmaster
monson003.jpg

Makes us sorry we didn't stick around. It would have been a challenge to keep up with you guys on our kid sized triple!

Its up for sale or trade - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14718

Awesome photos and it was great meeting a lot of the RatRodBike group.

BTW - On the way home Leone and I picked up an Abley Roadster with rod brakes, original frame mounted lock, original pump, rack, etc.

Cool Day for all

Larry

tomb said:
JoeyMac said:
Scott came over to join us on his awesome tall Iver Johnson cruiser.
Turns out he owns a bike shop down the road which we visited later that afternoon. Pics later.
3382300766_c4d094f326_b.jpg

Joey, any more shots of the one in the foreground, like a profile, or pic of the rear?
Is it a RRB bike? intriguing...

Hey Tomb-

That bike is Justin's, he is a Rat Rod member but hasn't really posted much here. He does
all my welding and I do all the finding of parts for our creations. Pretty much all our bikes
end up being a team effort. Justin is the one to the far right in the group shot of
all the Rat Rodders- still one of the coolest pics I've seen to date. THAT is what this
site is really all about (BIG THANKS to RatRod!).

The bike is a '63 JC Higgins version of the Sears Flightliner. It came with no usable
original paint or decals save the "JC Higgins" foil stickers on the side of the tank. We
saved what we could of them.

nl_may_3_08_4.jpg

I wanted to document the whole build here for the Space Bike Build but I just haven't had time to
put up all the pics and write it up. It was finished at the end of last year. The rear chain stays
were cut and lengthened about 18". The bottom stays were cut behind the seat post, a piece
of full-susp mountain bike frame sectioned in, and a very low mount for a new seat post added.
This puts the seat down low behind the crank, almost sitting on the rear fender. Everything was
welded back to the original pointy Murray rear dropouts.

The rack was reused in a crazy way to kind of provide a backrest. The seat post (which still
has a stuck seat tube in it) was cut off flush. A reinforcement was made for a heavy duty
kickstand and a wrench was welded to the kickstand to lengthen it.

Rims are MO Mfg with modern slick whitewalls. Front fork is a pair of Sears/Roadmaster
springers welded on top of each other to give some lift to the front end. Tank is actually
a functional original with working dual lights, but missing glass. It looks pretty mean in a
couple shots where the inners aren't installed, just a big scoop!

I will put up a build thread one of these days, honest!

3monson0941.jpg

A lot of the build pics of it are here:
http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa12 ... /?start=80

All my pics are here:

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa12 ... tRodStuff/

thanks for posting these pics joey. its cool to see how u documented the entire day. i hope it goes that well this weekend at bicyclerick's swap meet!

Easy E

monsongrp-1.jpg

This guy was the bum sleeping in the gazebo. He stumbled out just before you took the picture. I gave him a dollar.

I think he stole one of my bikes! :lol:

Have to go to WORK on Saturdays!......I don't have BANKERS hours! :roll:

hey all, im back. just got the internet up and working agen. so now it looks like you all know who i am, thanks for posting all that rob. im sure ill be putting up more build pics of the higgans and that elgin i picked up at the show as well.... stay tuned!

the mad scientist said:
hey all, im back. just got the internet up and working agen. so now it looks like you all know who i am, thanks for posting all that rob. im sure ill be putting up more build pics of the higgans and that elgin i picked up at the show as well.... stay tuned!

Yeah there's probably more pictures of you on here than me! Cause I'm always the one taking the pics when you're the one striking the arc!

redrossweld14.jpg

redrossframe22.jpg

Justin's always welding together something for me to ride...

giantrat4.jpg

Glad you are back online!

--Rob

"Thanks again Chris for the Kickstand! :D "

No problem Joey! I sure wish I could have stayed long enough for the ride... hopefully I can next year. :D Thanks for showing me the luxury liner, and it was nice to meet you. This show is definitely a highlight of the year for me. Thanks for the photos!

Back