AACA Hershey meet, 10/12 - Lots (and lots) of pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You say every October? What's it called I really wanna go to this thing!

That "side-by-side double" is called a social tandem. I've considered making one for me and my wife to ride together. That one is a unique design, as most are just one frame, with two seats and handlebars, whereas this one is two frames.

expjawa said:
Vintagebikelover24 said:
You say every October? What's it called I really wanna go to this thing!

Every October since forever. All you need to know:
http://www.hersheyaaca.org/fallmeet.html

Thanks! I'll be making a stop up there come this October

But u think I've been there before, not during a swap meet. Is there a museum there too? Because I've been to the auto museum when they had the Shelby exhibit

The AACA's museum is there as well, although I've never been in there myself. There are actually quite a few things in the immediate area that might draw someone there apart from the fall meet. But if you do go to the meet, plan to budget a couple days if you want a shot at actually covering some significant portion of the swap meet...

expjawa said:
The AACA's museum is there as well, although I've never been in there myself. There are actually quite a few things in the immediate area that might draw someone there apart from the fall meet. But if you do go to the meet, plan to budget a couple days if you want a shot at actually covering some significant portion of the swap meet...
Thanks! Ill take the advice

haven't been to the Hershey swap since the 80s when I was into cars... looks like I should go again. Thanks for all those pictures. Fantastic stuff.

I forgot to mention - while I was tempted to buy several different bikes myself, the only thing I did buy was a box of random bike parts. For $20, I got a bunch of small hardware bits, an early Corvette chain guard, a couple of Mesinger saddles, a set of truss rods (don't know what they fit yet), a Schwinn wire-frame front carrier, a dual beam headlight, like the one shown on the previous page, some chain, a couple of head badges, and a few other odds and ends that I don't recall at the moment. So, although some of the bikes had crazy prices on them, there were definately deals to be found...

Yeah that's probably what I'll go for. The cheap parts boxes lol or parts I need for a project

Can you ride a bike around the show or is that frowned upon? I'm thinking bike + trailer, maybe bring some trades. If not, a wagon is in order.

Great pics! :D I've got pictures from the Rhinebeck Antique Motorcycle Show of some of the same bikes! :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
Can you ride a bike around the show or is that frowned upon? I'm thinking bike + trailer, maybe bring some trades. If not, a wagon is in order.

Technically, it isn't allowed. But a lot of people do it anyway. If you walk the bike in and out of the swap meet, who's to say you aren't bringing it in to sell at a booth? Actually, you see a lot of guys riding around on older step thru bikes. I think that's because a lot of them are older and its easier when you're on/off frequently. Maybe its a good use for a cargo bike...

A lot of people walk it with a wagon, hand truck, golf bag, etc. My father uses a highly modified hand truck that had evolved over the years to be Hershey-specific. Of course, that was from the days when most of the vending spaces were on dirt fields, and became muddy when it inevitably rained. Now that all the surfaces have been paved, it hasn't rained significantly during Hershey week in some time...

CRASH said:
Oh man, that old beat up Fastback and old beat up Stingray... I'd love to restore those! ugh, why can't we have something like that where I live??

Maybe because California has the unrusted ones? :wink:

Actually, there's nothing to say that some of these vendors aren't from out there. A lot are regional, but people come from all over for this meet; I wouldn't rule out vendors being from all across the country as well. Incidentally, if you want to restore a beat up Fastback, I've got a dealfor you... :mrgreen:

:lol: Thanks. But I just meant if I stumble across a complete muscle bike that needs a lot of TLC. The last thing I need is another project that needs a bunch of parts. I have 3 right now, none complete.

expjawa said:
CRASH said:
Oh man, that old beat up Fastback and old beat up Stingray... I'd love to restore those! ugh, why can't we have something like that where I live??

Actually, there's nothing to say that some of these vendors aren't from out there. A lot are regional, but people come from all over for this meet; I wouldn't rule out vendors being from all across the country as well. Incidentally, if you want to restore a beat up Fastback, I've got a dealfor you... :mrgreen:

pm me with info about that fastback! Lol I don't have a Schwinn muscle bike yet :mrgreen: that is if crash doesn't want it

Vintagebikelover24 said:
expjawa said:
CRASH said:

pm me with info about that fastback! Lol I don't have a Schwinn muscle bike yet :mrgreen: that is if crash doesn't want it

There's a link ("a deal") to the listing in that post. In fact, its even quoted in this one...

Didn't even notice lol but man that's a nice bike! Great price but I just don't have that kind of money

Back