Ace Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this girls Ace Schwinn that reads for vin B02847 unevenly. Its all original except for front light and missing headbadge. Just wish I had the cash over 20 dollars for 1 of them lol. Also ridding on original tires rear is Carlisle Lightning Dart and front is Belnord Super Service. But with this bike I got in a trade with several other bikes months ago.Just trying to find out any info on it and what is the value on it?

Rims are Stamped AS-S2? and the front hub axel says Schwinn in cursive. The rear is a New Departure D

Also, I don't recall seeing any stamped AS, usually Schwinn Tubular S-2.
Are they knurled or smooth?

blubk10.jpg

there smooth? And this is the writing on the rim the best I could clean them. There not As it was rust on it causing the look of it. I cant make it out much.

I agree, a '41...with real nice paint! The tank is the giveaway with the wing paint graphics. I believe those are Lobdell rims. You can tell by the way they are drilled with a strong offset. Those rims came out in '41 and were a one year only and were called "special steel". I had a set on a '41 straight bar. The nipples were pulling through the rims so I didn't think they were that special. Gary

Back