acmebicyclecompany.com ACME a Kanasas City LBS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped in the ACME bicycle company over lunch, regreatably my first time in this place. It's a good/bad thing I have work to do this afternoon, because the place was a paradise. Lots of used bikes, parts, customs, handbuilts, covered with shag carpet all the way up to some hardcore urban hybrid/commuters and mountain bikes.

I was picking up a tube and chaintool for their swapmeet this Saturday followed by an "Alleycat" race. I'm sure I'll be vomiting by the end, or whatever becomes the "end" for me, but I'm looking forward to it.

Nice bunch of folks, put up with my annoying questions about S-7 rims and tires and graced me with the flattery of suggesting I could win a trophy on Saturday. The nice lady running the place could have popped my head like a tick her arms were so toned.

It was super cool, I'll be taking more lunchbreak trips down to support them. Took a few outdoor shots of their bike "tree/sculpture". They take donations and run a real hands on shop, giving folks the opportunity to get donated parts and learn to work on their own bikes.

Indoor shots of the shop are on their site:

Check them out: wwww.acmebicyclecompany.com

Go through the links, a little tough to navigate, but their flickr album is great!

CIMG0033.jpg

CIMG0034-1.jpg

CIMG0034.jpg

CIMG0035.jpg

CIMG0036.jpg

chimichanga said:
i don't know if i'm the only one but I can only see a little part of the pictures.

same here

Easy Skywalker said:
Until recently I thought ACME was a brand-name only existing in Buggs Bunny cartoons...
501212720_07898448b3.jpg

Looks like a cool place!

Wiley Coyote shopped there too :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back