aftermarket bent springer durability?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a springer front end like the picture posted below only in black, and as Im looking over it I just notice these springers dont look or feel very heavy duty.
I know alot of people here run them. Has anyone had any problems with them?

Springer20Fork2026in20Chrome.jpg

and I did do a search, but there was something like 12k finds in the search. I made it about 9 pages in and didnt find anything.

I have a black Felt Jerry Springer and two OG Schwinn bikes with springers. While the new fork is not as thick and heavy as the old springers it seems plenty durable enough for everyday riding including jumping curbs and hitting potholes and has a similar ride quality. I don't know how the Jerry Springer compares to the usual China import springers. The Jerry Springer I have is on a decked out aluminum-framed beach cruiser as a weight comparison for you.

i'm currently using one on my first cruiser, which is bolt on a Pacific frame. i know this kind always get picked on, but as far as durability is concerned, i ride it 50 kms every Sunday on every terrain you can imagine, jumps on curbs, survived a monsoon flood and the usual potholes in the metro. i weighed 227, and if this thing is a lemon, it should have been broken by now.

Back