AIRFLOXXXXX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Now before you get too excited, yeah, it's a girl's model. But they're so freakkkkkin cool! So the story is, one night I was killing time by drooling over pics of airflows online, thinking "one day". I then came over here, and in the Craigslist section, member deven_science had posted a ladies airflow in Sacramento, and it was CHEAP. I shot him a PM, and two weeks later here it is! A BIG shoutout to Deven....he called the guy up, got the bike, broke it down, packed it up, and sent it to me. Even talked the guy down on the price :mrgreen:

Here are a few of the pics he sent me after he got his hands on the bike, you will see that it's got a lot of aftermarket stuff on it. Looks like somebody found it, snatched all the rusty stuff off of it, and replaced it with Wald stuff. Too bad :( According to the seller, the stem, forks, and the crank are original to the bike. I think the dropstand may be as well.

IMG_0539.jpg

Rolling on an older set of Daytons???

IMG_0542.jpg

At least the guy saved the badge

IMG_0541.jpg

So here's how it arrived to me, all broken down. I'm not going to reassemble it right away, as there will be some "slight modifications" Look at that gorgeous deco tank *drool*

airfloxxx002.jpg

Don't worry the bottle cage thing is going to be the first thing to go :wink: A look at the bezel and lens

airfloxxx006.jpg

Although I couldn't resist sticking a recently acquired Torrington stem in it.....it's gonna stay :mrgreen: Yeah, it's like it was MADE for this bike.

airfloxxx008.jpg

So now I have to decide what to do with this thing......Realistically, acquiring all the correct parts for it is something I'm not sweating over....one here and there is great. I would LOVE to have the correct fenders for it (with the curved braces) but I know those will set me back double what I paid for the bike. :x So basically, I'm gonna have a heck of a lot of fun with it and build it into a RAT 8) 8) 8)

Most of the aftermarket stuff from the first pic won't be used on the bike, so if you see anything you would like, let me know. I would definitely be interested in trading, as I have a laundry list of needs. MIGHT even be willing to part with that Airflow stem :wink:

You don't have to build it with all of the deluxe parts. Here is a pic of one that I had for a while. All original parts underneath house paint. No curved braces, no airflow rack, still a cool bike. You're right too, that stem is perfect for that bike!

Pictures471.jpg

Latest posts

Back