Al DeAngelo (changed from bare minimum)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I dont think the name will stick, but it's good for now. I didn't realize tomorrow was the first already and I'm a little dissapointed. I have a home track meet tomorrow right after school and I won't be able to work on this much at all.
Well, all I can do now is show you guys the frame I'm planning on using at this point. It needs a little welding...
DSCN8631.jpg

DSCN8637.jpg

DSCN8634.jpg

I've been ready for a looong time :)

Re: Bare Minimum

You keeping the kick stand?

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Skip the welding and call it "Clanky."

Bare Minimum

I just wanted to say, good luck to all builders! I am rooting you all on :)

Good luck Craig, looks like a good start! :mrgreen:

I got home from my track meet tonight, and I got out to work on this as soon as i could. it seems everyone is way ahead on the first day. (and might i say, there is some fierce competition out there for the first day). I got some of it mocked up , and I located some parts. I dont expect to win, but I feel as though that there may be a chance... who knows.
here is my initial mach up. but I guarantee it will drastically chance over the next few months.
DSCN8677.jpg

DSCN8681.jpg

DSCN8680.jpg

front hub :)
DSCN8674.jpg

this is hardcore rat for sure!!!
DSCN8675.jpg

Rims
DSCN8676.jpg

serial number-r65043192
DSCN8670.jpg

Some more parts that are in the air
DSCN8665.jpg

DSCN8685.jpg

My idea is to have all the chrome on it bad or "Patina", but the painted areas to be nice. I think it should be a good contrast.
thanks for viewing and I hope you enjoy this as much as I will. Good luck to you all!!! BUILD ON

That's a Beauty of a bike...
Good Luck to you and Have Fun... Will watch this one....

Road Master said:
Hi! Got yourself a great springer fork and where did you get that girl's Luxury Liner Headlight you Lucky Dog? It's great when you have a headlight that actually fits the fork mount. Good Luck! Robert

Oh, You'll like this :mrgreen: I got them both off of this roadmaster! I also may use the seat, front hub and even the bars are off of it :D
DSCN8523.jpg

the tires went to this Higgins
DSCN8533.jpg

I hope to work on this project tonight. possibly an update. Thanks for the motivational comments :D :D :D

I DID get to work on it tonight, things accomplished;
-I found out that the pedals will give me a rough time
-I cut the front hub out of its original rim
-I sanded down the frame some just to get a feel of what it will be like soon to come.

Pictures:
DSCN8687.jpg

DSCN8689.jpg

DSCN8693.jpg

DSCN8686.jpg

Hi everybody! :mrgreen: its been a while since i got to work on this last.
Nothing major today, just more sanding, and I cut the crank arms out of the frame. the pedals were not showing any sign of movement after a few days bath.
more to come soon.
DSCN8699.jpg

DSCN8698.jpg

I think I figured out my theme/color scheme :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Stockcar.jpg

Im thinking...
Red line tires. or white letter
#11 (because thats my # :D )
3 speed w/shifter. (maybe...)
Hand painted local auto businesses.

there is much more thought to come :)
I was out in the shed tonight again and I was brainstorming possible rear springer ideas.
I want this to seem like a heavy bike because thats what I think of when I see these cars

MAYBE^ i havent made up my mind yet. i'll sleep on it

Bare Minimum

I told my friend to come over the other day, just to hang out. When he got there, I was out working on this bike. Prior to this, I mentioned the bike build off and told him some about it. Well when he showed up, he asked, "is this that bike you have in that dumb competition?" I replied "yes, why is it dumb?" he said it was because I am spending all this time working on a bike, and paying for all the parts, when I could just buy a bike. I really had no answer for this. I said I would be building a bike in the meantime anyways. He also thought it was stupid that I was doing it for no cash prize... I was just dumbfounded by how non-nastalgic and maybe even greedy some people can be, haha. I am just in it for the fun of it. Tin Machine is right about how winning doesn't matter. If there was a cash prize, I'm not so sure if I would even do the build off. It is just more friendly this way. I tried to work on the bike a little more while he was there but he seemed to have zero interest in any part of it, and he was a little insulting actually. Just thought I'd share my little tale, thanks for readin :)
I decided that I will stick to the theme of that ace of spades car, I will post a couple more pictures of those cars soon, maybe tonight even.
Craig :D

Latest posts

Back