All ya gotta do is ask...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...spotted 5 bikes sittin behind a storage shed in a backyard,mostly cheap mountain bikes, asked about em and the lady says take whatever you need,....also picked up a 6th bike for free at another house; these will be mostly parts bikes...?
freebikes3-11-12001.jpg

...except for this chrome Mongoose, which will probly be for sale, what's it worth?...needs some TLC.
freebikes3-11-12004.jpg

...one of the mtn bikes is a Huffy Hot Rod,(24")..anyone ever heard of it?
freebikes3-11-12003.jpg

Sweet! If you are local, I may interested in some wheels?

The Huffy Hot Rod is from the 90s, cleaned up and working is about $35-$45.

Ok, I'll ask...

I'm looking for an inexpensive set of shifters for a 21 speed bike (3speed and 7 speed). Like $10 plus shipping. Got anything like that? I found a pretty nice 21 speed mountain bike, except for the fact that it has 10 speed shifters on it for some reason.

thanks for the responses,..."partsguy"...what do you need for wheels?...there's one 26" chrome set that would clean up pretty well, others mite not.
"toeslider"...I'll see if there's any good shifters, 3 of em have thumb shifters,, do you need cables also, these all need tlc/lube.

...you guys can email me at acme1#essex1.com if you have ?'s or need pics, etc.
thanks

The Mongoose is a wal goose. I think they were about 60.00 new, wish I had better news on that.

...checked out the shifters, not very good cond,...have 2 sets of rims that aren't too bad, one black set, one chrome...

Thanks for looking. The more I think about this, I think I can get a brand new pair off ebay for around $25 that will work well enough to get the bike sold. I can probably sell the shifters on it now for half that...they work fine, just the wrong shifters.

Back