Alley Cat Shadow

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't like how the cranks hung so I redid them. I like them better 'cause I sent them forward to fill that space I didn't like and for more stretch for the legs. Also as a benny i lowered the seat.

My dad found these two tubes at the landfill last week so I cut one up.
AlleyCat-14.jpg

ended up with this.....
AlleyCat-15.jpg

AlleyCat-16.jpg

I've been riding around the hood to try it out and and think that I got what I wanted from these upgrades. A little more tweaking in other areas but I am satisfied.
AlleyCat-17.jpg

Graylock

yoothgeye said:
And another use is found for old trampoline legs.

Some of that stuff is not to bad to weld yet other tubes I find bite. I try not to use it and pass it on to the metal pile.

FOUND OBJECTS said:
Graylock! You're a wild man brother! Love your creative style on ALL your builds! Very AWESOME!
Thanks for the kind words

OLD HIPPIE FREAK BIKE BUILDING 101:
Creative? Just a smidge. The rest is attitude! I have this problem with people that tell me there's some things I can't do. What do you mean you can't make a bike from a tag along trailer! As the build progresses and you run into things that are not working you let it go, lop it off, and redo it till you get it right. I do not curse when I mess up but when I get a splash of hot metal on me I jump around on one foot and in a clear voice scream " Gosh I should be more carefull ! :shock: ".
In conclusion of OHFBB-101 i'd like to quote a line I learned last night at a Uke Cabaret from a song from David Roth, a local singer song writer.

" Practice makes progress"

nice!!! like the fork! 8)

always enjoy seeing what you build.

very zen not to cuss! i'll try to work on that.

i think it's that lil buddy of yours that keeps you in like :wink:

Of course you can make a bike from a tag along trailer! :D Looks good! :)

Graylock said:
I do not curse when I mess up but when I get a splash of hot metal on me I jump around on one foot and in a clear voice scream " Gosh I should be more carefull ! :shock: ".

:lol:

November..............wife is at a work meeting off Cape. Daughter #2 went to a wedding off Cape. Daughter #1 is working and never is home. Just me and the Pug
8Pug.jpg
time to work on bikes.

Last time I worked on it was when my wife went to FL for a boat cruise with the Ladies. I was working on a new seat that was given to me by my neighbor. She said it came from the landfill off a exersize contraption.

I gave it a backbone for strength and a small sissy bar I bent and welded up. Turned out really comfy. My legs are right where I want them.

AlleyCat-19.jpg

AlleyCat-20.jpg

Next up is to bring the headset back 4".

Later says Graylock and the Pug

I like how you've manage to take so many strange parts, mix them with your strange visions and turn this build into a very cool Freak! The fork is just "get down awesome"! I've got a similar seat and I'm thinking of possibly useing it on my Autorama build. It just depends on which design I go with. The shifter set up is very cool! Also I think the bars you chose are way better than the super apes.
Thanks,
Chainy

I may have overlooked this but, it looks like 20"rs on the bike. Do you think the tagalong could handle a 24" or would a person have to modify it to fit. Also what would you guesstimate to be the widest 20" or 24" tire that a person could put on without modifying.
Just curious cauise I might know where to grab one of those tags for free.

On your bike, is that designer duct tape? Gigs found something similar and fell in love with it. Now she wants to do a whole bike in duct tape! :lol:
Thanks
p.s. Nothing's strange by my standards .... well .... maybe a normal bike! 8)

Chainsaw said:
I may have overlooked this but, it looks like 20"rs on the bike. Do you think the tagalong could handle a 24" or would a person have to modify it to fit. Also what would you guesstimate to be the widest 20" or 24" tire that a person could put on without modifying.
Just curious cauise I might know where to grab one of those tags for free.

On your bike, is that designer duct tape? Gigs found something similar and fell in love with it. Now she wants to do a whole bike in duct tape! :lol:
Thanks
p.s. Nothing's strange by my standards .... well .... maybe a normal bike! 8)

Those are 20 X 2.125 Chen Ching Beach Cruiser tires that are squeezed between the Alley Cat's thighs. We are talking peg leg fit. I had to spread those babies to get the 5-speed in there and it nearly bottoms out near the front. I would say it would take a 24" if you redid the dropouts. If I were you I'd grab the free tag along while you can.

Gig's you are so right about the duck tape. I grabbed a small roll at True Value Hardware while the clerk was walking through the store with the display. My daughter #2 wants a bike with the Leopared print and I want to do one in Zebra.
http://www.tapebrothers.com/Duct-Ta...crtag=Google&gclid=COqhiaikjaUCFdJL5Qodfwk6Qg is one place
another is http://www.duckbrand.com/
I was a impulse buyer that day and peformed the deed outside the stores front door for all to see while the bike squirmed. :shock:

Later ................GL

The free tag along is safely put away until I what to pick it up! :wink:
I've got several very cool dropouts that I could add onto the frame, most will move the tire atleast 2" back.
2.125 is pretty much the standard for most of my builds. I'm not a big fan of using 20rs on my personal bikes so I would try to cram the 24 into whatever space is available.

When I told Gigs about you using the tape all she said was ......"Brat".
I told her to get it when we saw it but she didn't. She's glad to see it used on such a worthy ride!
Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back