Aloha

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! My name is Rochelle and just got my first stretched cruiser. I'm from Hawaii. I randomly stubbled on this site looking for a part. A 28.6 bent seat post. I'm basically looking for advise. I'm 5'0 and I had to have this cruiser. I can touch the ground but when I pedal out the furthest, my legs are stretching too far. Anyway, I'm glad I found this site and Aloha to all! Help is greatly appreciated.

Hello Rochelle and welcome to RatRodBikes! :)
I'm guessing that you need to move the seat forward, right? I think you can achieve that with a curved/bent seat post.
Shorter cranks might help a tiny bit . . . there's a formula to determine the proper crank length biased on the rider's inseam measurement.

Fireproof said:
Hello Rochelle and welcome to RatRodBikes! :)
I'm guessing that you need to move the seat forward, right? I think you can achieve that with a curved/bent seat post.
Shorter cranks might help a tiny bit . . . there's a formula to determine the proper crank length biased on the rider's inseam measurement.

For the life of me...I can't seem to find a 28.6 curved seat post. Can I get a slightly smaller post and have something to fill in the gap? Sorry, I'm really new at this.

Welcome Rochelle!

For your seat post, you might try Marty at 10-18 Kustoms (he's a member here too). I know he makes some sweet custom 'lucky 7' bent set posts.

Here's the parts page on his site, scroll down about a third of the page.
http://www.1018kustoms.com/parts.html

Good luck!
BTW, we're a little hooked on pictures here, so let's see your bike! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Welcome Rochelle!

For your seat post, you might try Marty at 10-18 Kustoms (he's a member here too). I know he makes some sweet custom 'lucky 7' bent set posts.

Here's the parts page on his site, scroll down about a third of the page.
http://www.1018kustoms.com/parts.html

Good luck!
BTW, we're a little hooked on pictures here, so let's see your bike! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks Dr. Tankenstein! I'll wait on the pic. My bike isn't that customized yet. I'm so new to this. I will though in the future. Thank you for leading me into the right direction.

Welcome! :) A pic might also help determine some possible fixes for your fit problem. Alternatively, if you post the name of the maker/model, some-one here might be familiar with that particular bike and have some ideas. :|

Latest posts

Back