Aluminum Hiawatha?? OOPS im an Idiot.. Its a Hawthorn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellas...

I got a all aluminum twin bar bike that has a Hiawatha neck badge. It has a truss fork, coaster brake and is really a pretty cool looking bike Anybody know anything about Aluminum Hiawathas? I'll try and get some pictures in the next couple of days.
Thanks

Re: Aluminum Hiawatha??

I can hardly wait to see photos. I thought I had seen one of every Hiawatha model ever made, but have never seen an aluminum one. Hiawatha was the store brand for Gambles Hardware and since there were so many Gambles stores in the midwest, I have found lots of Hiawatha bikes.

Without pictures we know nothing, the only thing that comes to mind is it could be a rebadged Elgin Silver Gull, if so only a handfull exist. This is just a shot in the dark though.

I'm betting it is the same bike as the Hawthorne Duraluminum. They were made by Monark in the mid to late 1930's.

Yep... Sorry guys Im an idiot. The bike was at my dads and its been years since I saw it and I remember it being a Hiawatha but its a Hawthorn.... A Duralium Hawthorn. I'll try and get some pics posted. Its got a killer recovered seat and I think pretty original.

Ok... Here b the Pictures...
2718377813_48fa85865b.jpg

2719198868_0389233bf9.jpg

2719198908_0485584599_o.jpg

2718377799_584125f87d.jpg

and here is me at my new forging hammer :D (has nothing to do with the bike but its a fun new toy...)
2718385501_e5ccd3b4fd_o.jpg

It's a hawthorn badged monark silverking, by the looks of it a 24 inch? Is it hex tube or regular tubing? nevermind, all of the pics didn't load the first time.

man i need that bike to go with my Black Wicked, an a head badge too.

Outlaw 8)

Back