Am I Nuts Or What?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the race was yesterday and my buddy and I managed to finish the race. I didnt end up using my 53'CCM like I wanted and I'm glad I didn't. It was brutal weather with 3 or 4 degrees and fairly heavy snow that was sticking to us like glue and 50 km winds which were not always at our backs. Tons and I mean tons of mud. There was one trail that was called the mudslide and it literally looked like a milkshake and it was flowing like river and about 6 inches deep. Had to walk thru it which was about an eighth of a mile long. Came out of that and got to the top of this hill and started to gear up and my rear derailler snapped off and started wrapping itself around the rear freewheel. That was about 5kms from the finish so I had to walk my bike up the hills and flats and got to coast on the downhills. Anyways, heres the bike I used and some pics my wife took.

Bikes5182.jpg

Bikes5180.jpg

Bikes5181.jpg

ParistoAncasterRace001.jpg

ParistoAncasterRace003.jpg

ParistoAncasterRace005.jpg

ParistoAncasterRace013.jpg

ParistoAncasterRace014.jpg

ParistoAncasterRace015.jpg

ParistoAncasterRace018.jpg

And lastly, the weakest link

ParistoAncasterRace019.jpg

ParistoAncasterRace021.jpg

Man, sounds like a blast! I wish I was closer I'd run with you on my '58 Schwinn American. Knowing me I'd tow my trailer and purposely run in last place so I could pick up all the broken bikes along the trail afterward.... :mrgreen: 8)

this race sounds kool. i would save those araya rims, they are pretty rare. i would buy one those cheap imitations and laced them with some fat spokes, 3 speed sturmey hub and buy one of those repop monark springer fork with disk brake, beefed up of course.
also a big comfortable seat

axsepul said:
this race sounds kool. i would save those araya rims, they are pretty rare. i would buy one those cheap imitations and laced them with some fat spokes, 3 speed sturmey hub and buy one of those repop monark springer fork with disk brake, beefed up of course.
also a big comfortable seat

I didn't use the Araya's for that bike, I used my Sumo's which look the same. I sprayed them with blue annodizing paint to make them match the bike. I'm saving my Arayas for the 53'. And they will be laced to my Sturmey drum hubs with 3 speed.

Back