Am I the idiot?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well, I sold a jersey on ebay. I shipped it, And things were great.

The french guy who bought it then emailed me later and told me he never received the jersey, and really wanted a refund.
I told him He never requested Shipping insurance, and never paid for it. But I told him I would refund the price of the jersey anyway.

So I told him this, And I was going to send the money to his paypal ASAP...ASAP!

He filed a dispute on paypal, which makes me pay for the whole darn thing, but he actually loses some money too...For filing the dispute.

Was I totally wrong for offering the jersey replacement, Or should i have just let him file the dispute in the first place?

I paid the dispute, And emailed the guy asking why he did that. Now i probably wont get a response.

Your the idiot to send over seas :shock: I would never do that, he's probably just scamming you :|
P.S I use the word "idiot" in a kind way :wink:

I sold a couple extra rudders for a sailboat that were brand new, and the guy went nuts over every little detail, although I included close up pics. All that and he got a great deal on them. He could sell one for what he got both for. He was scamming. There are a lot of soulless people out there. I ignored him and he threatened all kinds of things, but never followed through, he just wanted a refund and one rudder.

Too bad you can't go to France and catch him wearing that jersey. I wonder if you can check to see if he does this all the time. maybe paypal would know.

TheFlyingDingo said:

Was I totally wrong for offering the jersey replacement,

No! This was the right thing to do. Would have been nice if he waited for you to fix the situation before filing the dispute

I think you did the right thing. you have no control of the guy...maybe a losers maybe not.

Dude, I'm sorry for messing with you on eBay that one day, I didn't know something like this would follow... weird. :lol:

You did the right thing, don't worry. Everyone's different and you'll run potholes every now and then.

This is exactly why I ALWAYS take the delivery confirmation. And when it's out of the country and that's not available, TAKE THE INSURANCE. But live and learn, education can be expensive at times. But like they say the best advertising is a happy customer, so hopefully he'll at least leave you some good feedback when it's all said and done.

Thank you everyone, Makes me feel a little bit better.

Found the guy on facebook, He Added me after i sent him a message.....He never replied to anything though

I was checking to see if he had any pictures like:
Lookie my fancy new jersey Wi Wi!

I've lost count of all of the RRB shirts that never made it to England, Germany and France.

I'm convinced that their customs systems are a mess. :cry:

I have one that takes the cake!!! i sold a puch moped motor on flea bay and shipped it to michigan. about a week later i get a email from the dude asking where his motor was and why he received a box with clothes in it and a cow calendar???!!! :shock: needless to say i was wondering the same thing. i told him to send me pics of the box and everything that was in it, he did, it was my box-my hand writing and yes, there was clothes and a cow calendar!!! long story short, i got the raw end of the deal after he filed with paypal and froze my account. i hate to think he scammed me, but come on really? a cow calendar!!! :? i just hope if he is riding around that puch motor that the rod flies out of the cylinder and logdes into his front spokes and causes a nice endo!!! :lol: ahhh, karma!!! :D

murraymadman said:
I have one that takes the cake!!! i sold a puch moped motor on flea bay and shipped it to michigan. about a week later i get a email from the dude asking where his motor was and why he received a box with clothes in it and a cow calendar???!!! :shock: needless to say i was wondering the same thing. i told him to send me pics of the box and everything that was in it, he did, it was my box-my hand writing and yes, there was clothes and a cow calendar!!! long story short, i got the raw end of the deal after he filed with paypal and froze my account. i hate to think he scammed me, but come on really? a cow calendar!!! :? i just hope if he is riding around that puch motor that the rod flies out of the cylinder and logdes into his front spokes and causes a nice endo!!! :lol: ahhh, karma!!! :D

Now that is just wrong, May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his moped seat. :mrgreen:

I had a guy screw me over on a deal once, a friend had blown the motor in his car and only asked that he get a case of beer for my labor and pay me back the $300 I spent on the motor, Well he did get the case of beer and 2 weeks later when I had finished with the engine work and got it running he assured me he'd pay me when he got his check. Never happened. So just to show him there were no hard feelings I got a bottle of STP oil treatment and emptied it in my car, (stuff works great by the way) And I made certain not to tear the foil cover and I re-filled the bottle with Lemon DAWN dish soap (looks really close). Then re-glued the cover back on and left it in the back seat of his car. Few days later I got that phone call........Moral of the story is...NEVER mess with a mechanic. Imagine what Dawn does to an engine..... :mrgreen:

You did the right thing, you have honor and integrity.

Funny thing I noticed when recently flying into the UK and Europe. The customs agents were all wearing RatRodBikes T shirts.

Kuttnhack said:

Funny thing I noticed when recently flying into the UK and Europe. The customs agents were all wearing RatRodBikes T shirts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kuttnhack said:

Kuttnhack is spot on.
I sell furniture on Ebay and occasionally have to take a loss just because it is easier & faster than trying to file damage claims against the shipper.
C'est la vie

Rat Rod said:
I've lost count of all of the RRB shirts that never made it to England, Germany and France.
I'm convinced that their customs systems are a mess. :cry:

You left out Holland Steve ! But just out of curiousity: how can you be sure the problem lies on our side of the pond ? It could just as well be american customs making a mess, right ? I've had countless items sent to me from allover the globe through ebay/paypal, and received them all before we lost my RRB t-shirt. Besides another Hawkwind t-shirt I remember now, and that was supposed to have come from...France. :shock:

Kuttnhack said:

I resent that remark :x One of those T-shirts was supposed to be mine ! :wink:
Back on topic: it was the right thing to do, and as karma was mentioned before, that jersey wíll kill him eventually. :mrgreen:

Ace said:
You left out Holland Steve ! But just out of curiousity: how can you be sure the problem lies on our side of the pond ? It could just as well be american customs making a mess, right ?

You are correct...no matter what country it is...if the letters "govt" are involved, you've got trouble. :wink:

Latest posts

Back