Am I the idiot?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anytime you're messing with fleabay, it's a gamble. I once won an auction for a nice spaceliner springer fork and got...nothing. I got my money back, but just goes to show, that there's people on the other end.

Ugh!

Im never shipping anything to france again.
The dispute is now a claim, and I had to prove to paypal I shipped the item.

I feel like an idiot because there is no tracking number, USPS doesnt do that unless you pay for it...So I attached a picture of the recipt...I think that goes to paypal, but not to the frenchman.

Man...I feel like such an idiot...Again.

Shipping Providor-USPS
Tracking Number-N/A

That looks great...

If you shipped USPS Priority Flat Rate, you automatically got a tracking number, you don't have to pay for it.

It should be on the record of sale on eBay. Usually the tracking number is actually the Customs Number for international ship.

Disclaimer: I am no expert on this... YMMV.

When doing international shipping they don't offer the tracking number, however they should give you a copy of the customs form and i think that has a number on it.

Sometimes it just makes you want to "reach out and touch someone" (AT&T slogan 1979, for the youngsters) I try to only ship to where I could show up on your doorstep. I think it keeps people honest when they know you could find them, if they're a jerk. I realize thats hard to do on an auction site though.

I've shipped international before and the buyer told me he could track the mailing using the Customs Form number.

I just looked at a Priority box sale on eBay that I sent to Japan, and it automatically got the Customs Number recorded on the sale. The number in this case started with "LJ". domestic tracking numbers are always a long string of numbers.

My own rules for selling on eBay:

Always, always, always, make sure you are going to get a tracking number. Priority it's free, 80 cents if Parcel Post. Darned well worth it. Set your shipping cost high enough to cover it and packaging. eBay automatically records the tracking number on the sale information.

Always print the eBay invoice out and place it in the package. USPS advises that both addresses be placed inside all packages, that way if the outside address is ever destroyed to where they can't deliver, they will eventually open the package and attempt to determine where it was supposed to go, and eventually deliver. (Told to me by a Postal employee).

Always ship thru eBay, they/you get a discounted rate for some, such as Priority packages. Plus they automatically record what I just said. It's online for you after that on your eBay account. I have to suppose that eBay, already having this information, would help you out if a dispute arises.

eBay notifys the buyer automatically with your shipping information, including that tracking number, right after you shipped if you use their shipping services.

I personally think eBay's and PayPal's services are pretty darned slick. You should take advantage of them as they are "free" from the fees you pay them.

Pay attention to eBay "Messages" after the sale. If something goes wrong, the buyer will most likely contact you that way, since they don't have your email address. I had one "wheres my item" message. Turned out they moved and did not update their new address in PayPal. Unknowing, I mailed to the old address since it was automatic. We figured it out and I got Positive feedback from them anyway.

Like I said, just my own personal "rules". YMMV as always.

I learned to never count on a sale till you get the proper feedback, I sold a hotwheel , a expensive hotwheel 68 redline camaro still in the well abused blisterpack, I tried to describe everything on the blisterpack that was damaged but he recieved it and wanted a refund, after I recieved it back it turns out the package couldn't handle the car rolling back and forth to Georgia and it busted out to freedom inside the package I shipped. So all said and done I had to refund $338 plus the refund charge on paypal of $9 ouch!!!!!

Good god....Another transaction went bad.

This time it was the computer I had up for sale. I packaged it, and took a picture to see if it was good enough for the buyer. Nope. Had to dig for another box. I finally found another box, and they asked to cancel the transaction. They have zero feedback.

Seriously hating ebay right now.

Ah man you're just getting slammed with bad luck, When i did E-bay briefly I kept with only things that were cheap (under $20) and fit in a flat rate box. Worked pretty decent.

Well except for E-bay and Paypal nickle and dime-ing you to death.

That's usually what I try to do.

I admit I took too long with the computer. But she was so worried about the computer not being packaged right, it took longer to find the materials.

She said it would get damaged any way I shipped it. Get insurance blah blah.

I even said in the description of the computer that there is a connection problem in the monitor. It works. But if it's bumped it stops. Or at least the picture goes away. Some connector inside the computer got loose. I dunno.

Some people annoy me.

I hear that, I'd tell them if they want it packaged differently than described they pay the extra cost and there may be a delay in shipping.

Just found out the guy posted a dispute message in french. Claimed i never replied to messages, and never paid the money i was going to refund him...He gave me about a day to refund him before he filed the dispute.

Unbelievable.

Latest posts

Back