American Pickers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ckdesigns69 said:
I'd rather see her out more. Easier on the eyes than Frank. :lol:

I totally agree, she seems like a cool chick.

^ That's what I was thinking. Mike has a REALLY nice collection of bikes/motorcycles and although some of you think he doesn't appreciate them, I'm willing to bet he does. He is a collector and rider. I wonder what his private collection consists of.

ratina said:
They do buy more than they show on tv. I always wonder why he skips over a lot of bikes, maybe they are just bought off air?

This is correct. It would be bad production if they just went around buying bikes in every episode, even though that's what WE'D like to see. They're always showing viewers something new.

Yea, I think you are right, he is an avid cyclist and used to race for years. I am sure he collects a lot of bikes when the camera is off. Heck, I would. The show would have to change names. Something like..." American Pickers ( old rusty bikes only )".

ckdesigns69 said:
Yea, I think you are right, he is an avid cyclist and used to race for years. I am sure he collects a lot of bikes when the camera is off. Heck, I would. The show would have to change names. Something like..." American Pickers ( old rusty bikes only )".
they should make an episode dedicated to bikes and cycles only :D

RICHIE'S 64 said:
ckdesigns69 said:
they should make an episode dedicated to bikes and cycles only :D

they should make a SHOW dedicated to bikes and cycles only

You know what? Someone with clout should do a documentary on our hobby. Finding an old bike, figuring out whether to restore or one off. Film every phase of the build until complete. Like OCC but, without the arguing and bitterness. I don't even watch American Chopper anymore as I did 7 or 8 years ago. It's not even about motorcycles anymore. I like that Junior found the Lord but, without Vinny, he is not that good. And Senior is just a glorified bike tester. Rick is the only true talent on the show. That's another thread altogether. I bet a guy could put 2 years in just going all over the country and world for that matter, filming rat rod bicycle builders. I have seen some builds that were like, :shock: I would never miss an episode.

i saw the show a couple times, dont really care for it. i still watch american choppers every chance i get (i was watching when it started, before it was cool)because they actually build something. very true, theyre trying to ruin it with this "sands through the hourglass" drama, but they still build something. i agree that rick is awesome. i also agree this should be another thread altogether, so i'll shut up now. :D

ckdesigns69 said:
You know what? Someone with clout should do a documentary on our hobby. Finding an old bike, figuring out whether to restore or one off. Film every phase of the build until complete. Like OCC but, without the arguing and bitterness. I don't even watch American Chopper anymore as I did 7 or 8 years ago. It's not even about motorcycles anymore. I like that Junior found the Lord but, without Vinny, he is not that good. And Senior is just a glorified bike tester. Rick is the only true talent on the show. That's another thread altogether. I bet a guy could put 2 years in just going all over the country and world for that matter, filming rat rod bicycle builders. I have seen some builds that were like, :shock: I would never miss an episode.

vinny's back, jr has his own shop now and hired him

Jr. sometimes has a good idea but he's lazy and lets Vin do most of the work then tries to take the credit. Sr. doesn't do dip but sit in his office and occasionally go out, criticize the bike, yell at someone because it's not done, and throw a temper tantrum like a 4 year old at K-mart. Another thing is that Sr. only wants to do 2-3 custom touches on a stock off the shelf bike, Jr wants to have everything on it fabricated for him.

The thing that really gets me is OCC doesn't really do much at all, the wheels get done somewhere else, the frames are ordered somewhere else, the tanks are ordered, the paint is done somewhere else, half the parts are off the shelf and the other 45% are fabricated somewhere else, then they make 5 parts for the bike and call it custom and charge more for their bikes just because it has their logo on it..... :roll:

i think craig piligan (producer for american chopper) needs to visit uncle stretch. :idea:

Back