American Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to use the original chrome Schwinn rims, but I need new tires. If I go with a 26x 2.125 on the rear what size do I need to order ? I know these early Schwinn rims are bigger than current rims.
Are they s7's or s2's? Their is a big difference. Make sure before you order any tires for your rims... RideOn and good luck... Razin...

Well I’m still waiting on some parts for my chain drive, so I decided to tackle the rear fender. Was gonna use a full fender, but after playing around I feel a short bobbed fender will fit the build better. I’m not a big fan of the rear fender support rods, so I decided to use a couple of cut off cantilever bars from another build. I found a 1/2” round rod and curved it to fit the radius of the fender . Now to tack and weld it up.
F4CD37D7-F536-4682-976D-D4A20D9D3EBA.jpeg
2D9976BF-C5E4-43D1-8034-5F32B7A056D8.jpeg
C76C9F57-CF4E-43C9-BAC4-CD70295D65F7.jpeg

That's a good lucking color!

Took it out for a little shake down cruise and realized I was right in my initial thoughts of the handle bar length… to short. Comfortable ride, but I’m leaning forward so much that trying to go up hill is a pain. I ordered a set of ape hangers that I can pull back to give me a more upright sitting/riding position. Hopefully they will be here by the first of next week. Still plenty of time to finish before the deadline.
1FEBD511-79C2-431F-990D-A126B9EC0EB1.jpeg
4DBCEE9A-EA0A-4A4C-9D88-23124073E810.jpeg

Nice paint scheme. Love the springer and the tractor saddle!

I can’t wait till all the other detail parts arrive ! I think you all will like the total finished package. Everything is supposed to be here by the end of next week.

Latest posts

Back