AMERICAN STANDARD....NOT GOING TO FINISH

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just can't get interested in this bike....decided to use the one switch rule and build something I like. Something that shows it's age :mrgreen:

I debated on joining this years build-off. Still don't have a frame for my original idea. So the only bare frame I have left is a single bar '46/'47 Schwinn and a pile of parts. Gonna run with it :wink:

Gonna try to build a full fendered bare metal custom :mrgreen:

The badge.....came from an early post war Schwinn DX I parted out. I'll post pictures of the sows ear here in a little.....got to wait on the camera batteries to charge :?

Re: AMERICAN STANDARD....from a sows ear!

'46 Schwinn springer, '46/'47 Schwinn frame and a set of 50's era Persons Majestic crash bars.

Diggin' the crash bars :p

Hey Jeff! I love the crash bars. I've only ever actually seen pictures of them installed on 2 bikes I think. About that same amount for sale on ebay but always real pricey. I like the front style crash bars also but the back ones are real BEEFY! I'm sure you'll come up with another gem this year. Have fun! Robert

Road Master said:
Hey Jeff! I love the crash bars. I've only ever actually seen pictures of them installed on 2 bikes I think. About that same amount for sale on ebay but always real pricey. I like the front style crash bars also but the back ones are real BEEFY! I'm sure you'll come up with another gem this year. Have fun! Robert

I've never seen them on the back. That's cool! 8) Looks like a great start! :mrgreen:

Thanks..the crash bars are a fresh find for me. Got them at the Memory Lane swap meet last weekend for $15. A guy that dealt in tons of diamond frame stuff had them. I'm sure they would fit many frames but the upper mount area is in the exact spot to bolt the Schwinn carrier on. I've seen a set of these on a Phantom.

:p "American Standard" :shock: :lol: :lol: :p :cry: :lol: :lol:
I'm all flush with excitement! :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Sorry, I just had to do it. :lol:

SimpleMan said:
Thanks..the crash bars are a fresh find for me. Got them at the Memory Lane swap meet last weekend for $15. A guy that dealt in tons of diamond frame stuff had them. I'm sure they would fit many frames but the upper mount area is in the exact spot to bolt the Schwinn carrier on. I've seen a set of these on a Phantom.

Yeah, the only bikes I've ever seen them on were Schwinn tankers.

Baby got back!!! :shock:

i really like the way the crashbars work with the single tube frame! 8) thats a neat combo! cant wait to see all that purdy bare metal. :D

texasbigjon said:
i really like the way the crashbars work with the single tube frame! 8) thats a neat combo! cant wait to see all that purdy bare metal. :D
I second that.

I had no idea ther were such a thing as crash bars for bicycles.

Back