AMF Avenger Girder Forks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow Jaxon, nice effort! Polishing all those Top Fueler Forks has made you a professional at that ;)

They were really easy to polish. I sprayed oven cleaner on them and brillo pads to clean the paint off. Then the Mothers mag polish with a t-shirt. It took about 4 hours or so to clean them total. The aluminum polishes a lot easier then the stainless did. I want to do the bars too. They are powder coated so I have to clean that off first.

Reading this thread I thought for sure you used a power buffer! Then I got to your last post! Brother you have done a fantastic job, I'd never have the patience to rub down anything for four hours... :showingbiceps:

Carl.

I got the handlebars paint stripped off. Now to polish them too. I will break out the buffing wheels tomorrow to take out the scratches and give them the mirror finish. Aluminum polishes so easy....lol

WOW! Those are dressing up really nice!

Now you need a bike to put those on! Lots of them come up on eBay though, you'll find one.

Latest posts

Back