AMF Roadmaster (Mid Century Modern)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Roadmaster AMFlite Cobra bicycle
100_0843_zpsc531ae4e.jpg

A while back i was able to buy this bike (without the wheels) from member tulacruiser since he was getting rid of all his bike stuff

Originaly i was going to part it out and use the rear rack on a project,the aluminum top tube panel on anotherand the frame as a base for a muscle bike build

However after not being able to get the rear rack and top panel to work with the projects i had in mind I decided to midly customize the bike they originaly went on

the first idea was to make it a muscle bike style since the frame was a larger version of an early
AMF renegade

However the rear rack is so well designed with the peak fenders intergrated into the rack i couldn't cover it up wit a bannana seat
100_0837_zps819d5234.jpg

So the hunt was on for a suitable seat that would match the rareity and unique style of this bike while
still showing off the rear rack and the beautiful aluminum top tube panel
100_0836_zps539858c4.jpg

I like using parts on bikes that are from the same manufacture as the bike itself
one day i came across a couple pictures of some AMF roadmasters that had jet/rocket style seat made by troxelthat would fit the bike design perfectly
One of the bikes was a ladies AMF roadmaster skylark owned by member kcjim78
IMG_2095.jpg

i decided to contact him and see if he would be willing to part it out

Along with the seat the AMF had the ever popular star sprockt
however this was the rare versin with the reflectors attached
100_0841_zpsff2a8996.jpg

100_0840_zps0bd64669.jpg

100_0842_zps106e05be.jpg

Here it what you get when you Mock up the bike with all these rare and uniquly designed Parts
100_0835_zpsd4346dc8.jpg

100_0838_zpsc7c0c274.jpg

In this pic you can see the green fork that i also got of the skylark next to the original red version
I decided since the seat was green it didn't look like it belong with bike because of all the red
however the jewels on the sprocket where both red and green so that somewhat tied it in but a green fork would realy make it look like everything was ment to be together on this bike
100_0839_zps3954ff6a.jpg

The design of all the parts on this bike remind me of the Mid Century Modern style
therefor my next item to find will be used Starburst endplates for torington #10 pedals
Photo172.jpg

As of right now this project is on hold
I may end up using some of the design elements instead on an AMF Jet Pilot bike that I acquired
but once I get an idea of the new direction I want to go with this bike then I will post more pics

what is it worth?????????

zmoon, Jan 12, 2016

As for what it is worth really hard to say because there are not many of them out there
but there isn't many people who want them
I got this one for 90$ plus shipping and I have seen one r 2 going for about 150

Back