AMF Roadmaster Sky King!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I had a local guy post this bike on craigslist asking if anyone knew the year and model of this bike. of course, I remembered the sweet bike that @yeshoney had and started emailing the guy with information. Then the guy offers to sell it to me after he has all of the information and checks it out. Long story short, I now own it, but the $200 that I paid could probably have been half of that if I wouldn't have been soooo helpful! I am sure that it is between 1959-1961(I haven't even looked at the serial number yet). And, he removed all of the remnants of the Sky King decal from the chain guard and the eagle from the tank when he aggressively cleaned the chrome. I may see if I can have the decals duplicated in vinyl.

IMG_1543.JPG

IMG_1542.JPG

IMG_1541.JPG

I have wanted a Sky King, Jet Pilot, or Texas Ranger in these years for a while now. All 3 bikes are basically the same with different decals, the Sky King being at the high end with lots of chrome and the springer fork. The small ape hangers have to go, and I will need an angled seat post to make it comfortable........but its looks like a KEEPER!

Great score!

Thanks Brian! Now, the shop is full, I don't have any bikes that I am willing to part with, and I can't build on to the shop! Does this mean that I have to stop buying???:(

@Big Ape you could always send em this way! I have tons of room in my garage. [emoji23]

Yeah, actually...I have been down in the basement doing some plumbing for the handicap bathroom that I am building for my wife's mom. I think that I have found an area that I can clean out to make a small 10 X 12' work area for the winter months!!!:banana:

Besides, it's o.k. to have some extra room when you have cool X-53's and Jetflows sitting around.:113:

Latest posts

Back