AMF Roadmaster to Boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got that AMF Roadmaster (59-61 Saturn) and couldn't figure out what to do with it. I was amazed at the talent and creativity of some of the stuff I've seen here, and decided I'd take a stab at it myself.

Find thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=58443&p=557771&hilit=saturn#p557771

Here's the before:

before.jpg

And after mock-up:

after.jpg

I bought a donor bike for $15, and used the forks and front wheel. The rear wheel is from the AMF with a Bendix coaster brake.

The front fork is made using the rear frame work from a scooter. I have a vintage Brookes style seat coming for it and will be ordering white balloon tires as well.

More pics to come.

Sweet!! Join the buildoff cuz ya already buildin'!! Peace

Good start!
Somewhere here recently is a pretty detailed set of posts on rejuvinating old leather saddles, I had one in similar condition to yours and it came out pretty nice.

Finished the bike. Already have a perspective buyer. Springer fork is hand made with old hardware and a homemade stem bracket. Saddle was as easy to repair by soaking in water and wrapping, then letting redry in correct shape. Chain had to be replaced.

93ff31e1.jpg

2dd5b159.jpg

3d8d335b.jpg

1554c834.jpg

5a494e44.jpg

Man, that turned out so cool!!!

I changed out the front spring with one from a motorcycle seat. Just a better fit, although I liked the rusty look better.

44897d8c.jpg

Final score...... Dietz, brass keroseen cowl lamp. Headlight with red tailight in the rear. It's offically done now.

c6687ba3.jpg

6693d047.jpg

cba7bb81.jpg

df34821e.jpg

Love that light !!!
BRAVO!!!

Latest posts

Back