and another n00b

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm the Baron from Stockport over in England. I'm 44 and a funeral director.

Usually I am doing vintage lightweights. And with vintage, I don't mean the eighties. I mean 1920s to 1950s.
I recently started cruisers and got hooked. Anyway, here are a few of my feeble attempts:

The first one is a Dyno (which is rare as I understand it), and it is my pride and joy:

dyno02-1.jpg

Next is my Chromie. The front wheel is only temporary and is going to be replaced with another Thick Brick as soon as I found one:
chromie02.jpg

Then I have the 'Cow'. It's going to be powdered turquise soon and more junk is going to be added, like a tank, torpedo headlamp, the entire clutter:
cow01.jpg

This is my 1960s AMF Roadmaster Voyager, which has the maddest, baddest dropouts I've ever seen. Triplane fork to boot. This is going to be restored soon. Unfortunately, it can't take the 26x2.125s shown. I think it was on 26x1 3/8 originally. What a shame.

voyager02.jpg

And here we have my first attempt at scratchbuilding. This is going to be the 'Aluminator'. Everything is going to be either polished aluminium, or stainless:
aluminator01.jpg

brag, brag, brag...

If yer ugly like me, ya yuz gotta be kewl....

i have the same dyno deluxe too.
shes a beauty, mine is a lil more custom now, or will be when its finished.
i have bent forks and ape hangers, just about to fit a banana seat.

be good to come cruise with you one weekend and reunite these long lost brothers,

lol

Blunderbuss pirate said:
i have the same dyno deluxe too.
shes a beauty, mine is a lil more custom now, or will be when its finished.
i have bent forks and ape hangers, just about to fit a banana seat.

be good to come cruise with you one weekend and reunite these long lost brothers,

lol

Yes, that would be superb. Show me pics!

WELCOME! Nothing feeble about ANY of those bikes! Can't wait to see the Aluminator.

i got it as a whole bike. i still have the the original fenders and chain guard bars,forks, tires etc in my garage.

the bars, and forks are the only changed things from the original bike.

ill try and find a pic from when it was original or one day when i got some spare time ill just rebuild it for a lil photo shoot

you said they were rare and i know yours is the only other one ive seen, and i know you cant even find a pic on google of one. i got it about 8 years ago almost brand new from a bike shop i worked in, a guy came in and asked if we could sell it for him. i gave him £200 for the bike, he said it was imported.

Blunderbuss pirate said:
i got it as a whole bike. i still have the the original fenders and chain guard bars,forks, tires etc in my garage.

ill try and find a pic from when it was original or one day when i got some spare time ill just rebuild it for a lil photo shoot

you said they were rare and i know yours is the only other one ive seen, and i know you cant even find a pic on google of one. i got it about 8 years ago almost brand new from a bike shop i worked in, a guy came in and asked if we could sell it for him. i gave him £200 for the bike, he said it was imported.

Would be interesting to see how it looked stock. Mine is a 'warranty' frame, that I got from a guy in Ohio. All I had to start with was the bare frame.

KOTA said:
WELCOME! Nothing feeble about ANY of those bikes!

Hey, thanks m8!

KOTA said:
Can't wait to see the Aluminator.

You will never believe this - me neither. And as a matter of fact, I'm building two of these. But as you may know, with things like these everything must be either custom made, or altered. I will keep you all posted with the buildup. I think there is a section in this forum for stuff like this.

Baron von Zach said:
Blunderbuss pirate said:

Would be interesting to see how it looked stock. Mine is a 'warranty' frame, that I got from a guy in Ohio. All I had to start with was the bare frame.

wow maybe it is rarer than i thought. yeah at some point when i get another frame ill put it back to stock and restore it as time has taken its tool a lil on the paint work.

ive spend about and hour looking online and cant find a thing on this deluxe. i can find all the other models of the glide deluxe but this one.

sombody must know about them.

Blunderbuss pirate said:
ive spend about and hour looking online and cant find a thing on this deluxe. i can find all the other models of the glide deluxe but this one.

sombody must know about them.

I can't even find a lot on the other models. OK, the Von Franco Taboo Tiki is 'officially' sought after and on the radar of the mainstream collectors (sic). But I find it really weird that one of the nicest looking frames is at the same time a tad obscure. I really would like to get more of these frames. In fact, I'm negotiating with a guy to get them repopped here in England. I have been talking to whoever Dyno/GT/whatever is nowadays and they don't want to know.

Blunderbuss pirate said:
i found this on here
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7535&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15
ive asked if he knows anymore about it, just waiting for a reply

but thats the same as i got mine, completely stock.

deff have to restore mine at some point.

Wow, I can't believe how close to stock I actually am. And I built it with absolutely nothing to go by.

yea i was surprised when you said you had never seen a stock one

Hey Baron and Wes there is a Dyno Delux on England ebay at mo, not sure about protocol on this forum about putting ebay item links up but easy to find..... looks canny and no bids...but quite a trek from both of you!

Latest posts

Back