Ann Arbor / Saline Bike Show

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
April 29th, The Freak Bike Militia- Great Lakes chapter plans on setting up a boothe to sell off some of our bikes and parts. We will also be promoting the FBM-GL by selling T-shirts and other Freak Bike swag. We plan on having a table with flyers of upcoming Freak Bike Cruises around the world as well as a Rat Rod Bike stack of flyers. After the show, we will be having a cruise and BS session.

So if any of you are out that way, swing on by and have a good time!

More info on the show!
http://www.ann-arbor-bicycleshow.com/

Thanks and hope to see ya there,
Chainsaw

The FBM invaded the Ann Arbor Bike Show with great success on it's first assault! Plenty of pics were taken, but it's gonna take some time to post everthing. I'll have the Saturday Night Pixie Drags posted by tomorrow and probably a few others. I'll keep the Pixie pics solely on this board, that way some more of the CBN guys will have to come to the board to see them. Once they're here, they'll get sucked into the RATROD BIKE frenzy and we'll boost some membership! :D
Over on chopperbicycle.net is a few pics that Budz, Gottavan and Nogoonic posted.
Thanks to all who came out this last weekend!
Chainsaw

Wow.

That show was at least 20 times bigger than I ever thought it would be! We all had a blast. You would have thought it was Florida by the weather we had. It was beautiful. My face is starting to hurt from sunburn, but it's worth it.

Mrs Zilla and I left Our house at 5 a.m. and made real good time, getting there by I think about 6:20. Pulling into the line of vendors with many many trailers over flowing with all types of old bikes was our first inclination this was a big event. I walked the l;ine of vehicles and found the Holly crew (Giggles, Chainsaw, Momma Kat, and Big Daddy) they were hanging with Gotavan near a picturesque pond that they said the slept near that night.

It wasn't long before they started to open the gates so I boogied bag to the truck and we began the slow creep into the lot. Once inside the grounds we set up as fast as we could and the fellow vendors were buying and selling before the place even opened to the public! lol

Here is a panoramic pic I created to show about 270 degrees of the swap meet -

annarborlayoutall.jpg

I would say the show is predominantly an antique bike show inside the buildings. Outside is a real mix of stuff, but still leaning to the balloon tired style or Krate bikes. I bet Schwinncoll would wet himself if he saw all the Schwinn stuff.

The rest of us misfits were selling all types of stuff. I never knew there was such an interest in road bikes from the sixties. I don't think I'll be just grabbing anything out of the donor pile with out some research first.

The Speedcult stuff went over big. It was interesting to see the range of people come by. Some I didn't have to tell at all and some would say "What's a drop-out?" The Freakbikes and stuff was huge. Chainy had almost as many taking pictures of Ratasia as they did of Gotavans bike. Chainy would offer to let people ride it and I don't think anyone turned him down.

Giggles made flyers for the FreakBike Nation and others. They and flyers for ChoppersUS went in the bag with any thing we sold. We spent a lot of time explaining who and what FreakBike is. The very idea of making our own bikes was amazing to some. There was not another single booth that came close to the type of stuff we were selling and promoting. We backed off having 3 spaces plus Gotavans and we figure now that we shouldn't have. Next year we are getting three for sure.

I'm also thinking we need to build some FreakBikes to sell. There was a ton of interest in our type of stuff - I think it was maybe the fact we were having fun with them and not all about the period perfect paint scheme or whatever.

The first FreakBike motto said it all - 'Simple people on stupid bikes' Every one that talked to us - you could see started thinking "hey this is a cheap fun hobby I could do too"

Thanks to all who came we had a great time and I am already scheming about next year! --- NOW POST SOME PICS!!!!

GRR! I wish i could have went, I will next year, Jim if u come buy this weekend, Bring ur build off bike ha.. I dunno whats going on yet, And i seen mrs.giggles in one of those pictures haha. AND JIM! ill see you guys soon.

Looks like a good time! Me and the 1OFF crew didn't make it up there this year but will have to go next year. It is a VERY big show with lots to drool over. My only problem was when we were there last year the people weren't really the nicest to us. I guess the die hards didn't like our style on "their" bikes. Nice pics!! Troy
Thats us in the background.

816701902_l.jpg
[/img]

Budz..
That Higgins is very nice...

I have alwys wanted a Frame style with a Big Tank like that.

I know exactly what I would do with that beautiful Tank. :mrgreen:

good score,
Mrs. Budz will love it when it's done I'm sure

Kev.

Great! Thanks Budz for posting! I've got a bunch to post of Big Daddy's pics and a boatload of mine. I'll try to get them done in the next few days. Gonna start a new thread for the Pixie races!

Back