Anodizing removal and rim polishing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New revelation....it doesn't do zip if the water is not hot.
Took all day. I'm not sure if it was because the water was cold or that the ratio of
water to the draino was less. Can't make a call on the problem, but
if I did another one I would heat the water and pour more Draino in the mix.

Got the second rim stripped and polished. Need to lace it to a front hub. They will look
lots better than the black anodizing.
DSCF0001_zps9a3d20c7.jpg

Its laced and trued . These babies are going to look good on something.
Now there is some work involved , but well worth the effort.
DSCF0002_zps3a6d1ebc.jpg

Thanks Chuck your spokes worked perfect. They do look better without all the Schwalbe
stuff written on them. Once again I do appreciate it.
DSCF0002_zps29a5a25a.jpg

Hey. You need to run some boa-g's on those and mount them on a bike!So I don't have to spend the money to see if I like that combo!
Looks like I have more work I need to do now. Thanks a lot. :lol:

Sensor these black fat franks were $72 shipped and the Boa's are a little more. Unless you
find a deal from a member. I think the fat franks are kinda middle of the road on big tires.

Yeah Luke I would find a container that will fit a rim and then use hot water and about a
third of a can of draino. It would work lots faster. If you have the patience , then keep
turning them and spend all day stripping them. If they are smooth when they are stripped,
then the polishing takes 10 or 15 minutes. I used 600 wet or dry on the second one and it was
smooth pretty quick.

Uncle Stretch said:
Thanks Chuck your spokes worked perfect. They do look better without all the Schwalbe
stuff written on them. Once again I do appreciate it.
DSCF0002_zps29a5a25a.jpg

Am I missing something or did you find a way to get all the logos n such off the tire?

I tried the acetone and there is just white under them. I used a black marker.
I'm sure black paint , and a small brush would work just
as well. It makes them look better. They do sell the ones called skins or something
that don't have the reflective strip .

Back