Another haul! BMX goodies! Two more!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My streak continues. :mrgreen:

I saw an add on craigslist for this Diamondback Hot streak frame and misc parts. I figured the bike isn't worth much but if it is any indication of the age of the other stuff I could be walking into the gold mine. So I took a ride about 4 blocks from my house and hauled ALL this home for $145! I think I did okay.
1986 Diamondback Hot Streak (I'm a green freak)
BMXhaul002.jpg

Unknown frame GT maybe???
BMXhaul020.jpg

Now the goodies!

wait for it.....

LESTER MAGS!
BMXhaul001.jpg

Skyway Tuff 2 / unknown
BMXhaul003.jpg

ACS Z rims!
BMXhaul004.jpg

Suzie Hubs!
BMXhaul005.jpg

BMXhaul006.jpg

Unknown / Troxel TrakMaster
BMXhaul007.jpg

Peregrine Graphite / Skyway OE
BMXhaul008.jpg

Graphite composite
BMXhaul009.jpg

'Goose Pro class???
BMXhaul011.jpg

BMXhaul012.jpg

Like NOS Araya red anno hoops
BMXhaul013.jpg

BMXhaul014.jpg

Unknown and a ACS hub laced to an unknown
BMXhaul015.jpg

BMXhaul016.jpg

Sunshine hub laced to an Araya hoop
BMXhaul017.jpg

BMXhaul018.jpg

And a 16" Ross Baracuda for the fun of it.
BMXhaul019.jpg

Re: Another haul! BMX goodies!

Nice finds.

Someone on here has been looking for that green DB...can't remember who. :?

Blue frame is more like ross piranha freestyle bike, Not a GT................GT never came with screw n pegs!

yearz said:
Blue frame is more like ross piranha freestyle bike, Not a GT................GT never came with screw n pegs!

GT never had a kick stand mount either :p
The red Araya hoops sure would make someones day.

I you part with the pro class wheels i would like first dibs, building a 83 cali. and those would be the perfect.

eparsons said:
I you part with the pro class wheels i would like first dibs, building a 83 cali. and those would be the perfect.

PM sent

Just got two more!
Paid $100 for this oldie. I am thinking Elgin? Has cool grease zerks built in. As I pushed it home I had a guy flag me down and wants to buy it tomorrow morning. Got to love a quick sale and easy profit. I didn't tax him too hard because he's a neighbor and I'll get to see it restored and keep it in the neighborhood. :mrgreen:
Morestuff001.jpg

Morestuff002.jpg

Morestuff003.jpg

Morestuff004.jpg

Then got this at the same place for $50. What are the odds? Two Diamondbacks of the same time frame on the same day!
Morestuff005.jpg

Morestuff006.jpg

Morestuff007.jpg

Also got the bike rack in the picture for $10 at the flea market. Also got a rusty occ chopper on a trade for a cheap mp3 player.

*oh god, please dont call that a GT..
BMXhaul020.jpg

by the looks id say its a CW Shaker or idk im not a cw guy.. but thats a CW..

*and that diamondback f/f alone worth about $150 its self :wink: so just there you did alright..
also looks like it has some decent Arayas on it :)

*Skyway Tuff 2 / unknown -'tuff 1 front id say'

*'looks like another tuff 2 rear and tuff 1 front'
BMXhaul007.jpg

*blue looks like a Pregine mag, red looks like a Satelite mag'
OH is that a Green Pregine? thems rare ;)
BMXhaul009.jpg

Thanks iven, the blue frame is a Ross piranha I found out. And yes the DB has gold arayas. I also have the crank and stuff for it so I am gonna make it ride maybe get some green gum walls from porkchop and sell it whole if I don't fall in love with it. What would you think price wise complete? $300?

Some better pics of the oldie and DB
Newpics003.jpg

A red messenger seat :? First one I have seen.
Newpics004.jpg

Also nice coke bottle grips
Newpics005.jpg

Also got the hot streak kinda thrown together today. still got to find a few bolts and some odds and ends but it's coming together.

Newpics006.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
Thanks iven, the blue frame is a Ross piranha I found out. And yes the DB has gold arayas. I also have the crank and stuff for it so I am gonna make it ride maybe get some green gum walls from porkchop and sell it whole if I don't fall in love with it. What would you think price wise complete? $300?
oh yeah? hum i knew i seen it before, just the screw-in peg mounts threw me off, should have known from the bolt on kickstand :p

anyway the way you got the db sitting, maybe $120 on a good day :p

I already broke even on the haul selling a set of hoops and the pro-class wheels. :mrgreen: The rest is all profit. So I may decide to keep a few things since I got them free. Add to next year's build off arsenal. I was too busy this year and only got it half done.......I wonder if I can squeeze a Jesse James chopper 20X3 on a Lester mag? :mrgreen: Oh can't let out my secrets.

Yeah but mine has built in platforms front and back. :mrgreen:

Also identified two more rims. One of the white 5 pt is a Troxel TrakMaster, and the 6 pt red painted one is a Skyway OE.

charliechaindrive said:
Newpics006.jpg

Similar?
sunday.funday.green.jpg

^the Sunday funday bmx, frame alone is over 350$ :shock:
well, they are the 'similar color' yes.. on quality.. not even close...

altough, this and this look similar..
and even worth around the same..
IMG_0917-500x333.jpg

Skyway-TA-seite-05.jpg

i have a 2011 Fit Eddie 3, bought from local shop for $500.. its quality is not compareable to old school bikes..
its so much better, 'even though i love old school so much' the new stuff is just better by far..
'even if they all look alike, thats just science and natural selection 'if you will.. :roll:
also, $350 for a frame is around all aftermarket frame prices.. most people roll on -500 to 1000+ $$$ bikes..
i was looking into getting this 'Gutter-shark frame and it weighed about 3.5lbs full cromo for $300

havent even upgraded my fit yet though.. looking into $150+ on some cranks..
about $50 for new seat and post. just some rims can be up to $80..

in 87' you could get a GT Performer f/f from a catalog for $160 'i believe it was..

one simple point im trying to declare is "INFLATION" the quality goes up but so do prices, which all leads back to oil in a way
'shipping materials, parts, componets and then getting you the bike in the end..

Drool.....That Skyway is SWEET! And yes newer BMX bikes are light years ahead of old school. They have better materials to start with, added gussets at key areas of stress, set up for axles that are much thicker and less prone to bending, Smaller drive lines to eliminate the need for bash guards and reduce weight, Much smoother and more durable sealed bearings, three piece cranks that are tougher than a Ford truck, and I could go on for hours. On the other hand any guy at the skate park can go drop some cash on a Sunday and have one tomorrow. The Diamondback is a little tougher to find in good shape, has a cool history, grabs attention, and fits my style. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back