another headlight idea

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, here is what I did for a headlight for the Shapliegh. Took an old light that had a horn in it, and rewired the horn switch to a door bell switch - the light switch was busted, so I put a toggle switch in it instead (like an old car). Maybe some ideas here will help you resurrect an old light ya have. - Cheers, T.

Oh, I used brass parts cuz I am using a few brass accents throughout the bike to match the head-badge...

tlite_01.jpg

tlite_02.jpg

tlite_03.jpg

tlite_04.jpg

tlite_05.jpg

tlite_06.jpg

tlite_07.jpg

tlite_08.jpg

sweet! thanks for the paper clip tip! my son *helped* me set up my tail light and three of those are lost forever(tried bent saftey pins but that didnt work! gonna give that a shot :mrgreen:

ctavel: Light used 2 "D" batteries

sensor: yeah, I tried paperclips first, but they would mush into shape and not flex back, or be tight... these handle things work goooood, but you still have to tweak a lot with pliers - BUT most important thing is that they are easy to keep symmetrical (like the ones that are supposed to be in headlight), for these tiny brackets, the more symmetrical & springy the better! Hope they work for you. It was like making/bending a tiny pair of handlebars - they LOOK like handle bars.... :lol:

Back