ANOTHER MOXIE MONOSHOCK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
So here am I am out in the garage on Tuesday night just minding my own business and I get a text from forum member tuga (Marcos).

He sends me an Ebay link and tells me I better jump on it quick. I click on the link and it's for a chrome Moxie Monoshock listed with a BIN of $400 and it's 50 miles away. :shock: I ask him if he planed to buy it and he said he wasn't going to....thanks again for the heads up. :wink:

I stood there and pondered it for about 30 seconds.....and then pulled the trigger. After quite a few back and forth conversations with the seller we finally met up yesterday for the exchange.

I just sold my red NOS Moxie to a friend of mine and he didn't want the Araya moped wheels with the Carlisle Aggressors so I hung onto to those for a future build....this one apparently.

The seller said that he was working at a guy's house recently and they got to talking about bikes and the guy showed him his childhood bike hanging in the garage covered in about an inch of dust and dirt. The owner asked if he knew what the bike was worth and him not being a 70s BMX guy, he told him he wasn't sure. In the end the seller bought the bike from the guy for almost nothing and eventually decided to sell it on Ebay.

Here's how the bike looked when I got it home yesterday...

dsc0014vpe.jpg

And here it is after swapping out the wheels/tires, stem and pedals. (yes Justin it's the same stem :lol: )

dsc0002g.JPG

dsc0003ev.jpg

dsc0005vlc.jpg

dsc0011b.JPG

dsc0013mqe.jpg

Ended up pulling out the whole fleet last night and taking a group shot...

group3w.jpg

group2g.jpg

So I've pretty much cornered the marking on bikes with springs.

The Yamaha is going to a friend tomorrow so I'll be down to three springy bikes.

They are pretty heavy. :shock:

My right rhomboid muscle can attest to this while it is currently in pain after pulling these down from the garage ceiling last night. :lol:

I guess kids were tougher back in the 70s.

I don't plan to change the finish.

It's hard to tell from the pics, but it all sort of flows together as is....mainly because it did...ha ha. :lol:

If I refinished the bars they'd stand out like a sore thumb.

Latest posts

Back