Another New guy from CT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been browsing this site, reading a lot of good info since I discovered it about 24 hours ago. I live in the North West area of CT, have been riding some form of bikes for as long as I could remember. I currently only have a MTB, and a Road bike that I don't get to ride nearly as often as I would like.

I just got a Trek Calypso for my wife, as a mothers day gift this way we could do some leisurely family rides with our 18month old son on the Farmington green way trails and some other rail trails. This sparked my interest in getting/ building some sort of cruiser for myself. I started searching around, and stumbled upon this site (using http://www.stumbleupon.com).

I have always been into classic styles, big into older Jeeps, old cars, old motorcycles. Plan on building a rat rod style car. Just finished putting together a CB750 for a friend of mine. The projects go on and on.

My CJ 1 year ago (almost to the day), when i poorly chose a line

1.jpg

and my CJ now

n553958587_1454739_6592273.jpg

My buddies CB750, still waiting on a new seat.
3225_78135858587_553958587_1634649_2698538_n.jpg

I have a lot more reading to do here, and find a bike for myself to build.

-Paul

Thanks for the welcomes

Joeymac, I am right up the road from you in Burlington.

It's nice to see more CT guys. We shall ride someday, meantime that is a pretty sweaty CJ ,and a mean CB.

thatismytruck said:
Welcome aboard!! Don't forget to start a build thread when you decide to start.

I plan on it, I just need to find the right candidate. In the mean time, I am searching Craigslist, Backpage, Bargainnews, Ebay and will start hitting up Tag Sales on the weekends.

I like that. I am sending an email now.

I am also going to look at this, either Sunday or Monday. as it is currently "at a show"

http://nwct.craigslist.org/bik/1156702071.html

What is the general consensus on customizing vs restoring?
can_of_worms.jpg

That AMF looks to be in pretty good shape from the picture, and with a little elbow grease could be a pretty descent looking original bike. While that schwinn, from the picture I would have no problem modifying to be exactly what I want it to be.

-Paul

Jeep: that bike has been on CL for ages. For what reason I do not know (I never called), but would assume the seller won't haggle. Not sure what it's worth. not worth $80 to me, but I already have an old three speed.

Skipper: the Schwinn is cool.

thatismytruck said:
Jeep: that bike has been on CL for ages. For what reason I do not know (I never called), but would assume the seller won't haggle. Not sure what it's worth. not worth $80 to me, but I already have an old three speed.

Skipper: the Schwinn is cool.

Yeah, I know, I have seen it for a while, and it is more than I want to spend, but I have also learned with other hobbies if you have cash in front of them, it is usually a different story than on the phone or through email. I will see when i get there, it's not out of my way to see it, and I dont care about walking away if I don't get the deal I want. This is a want type item, not a need

Thanks, A little more than I want to spend right now.

But by the end of the day I should have 5 candidates in my possession, Then I will decide what I want to do from there.

Thanks
-Paul

Back